• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My BTL...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BTL...

What would you do?

I want to port the mortgage that is on my BTL [I've done it once before] to my main residence, mostly because it's 0.49% above base rate.

This would mean that I sell the BTL.

On the other hand I've got people queuing outside the door of the BTL offering me more than double the mortgage payment in rent.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Why don't you pop over to http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ and ask them? They love BTL investors there .

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      What would you do?

I want to port the mortgage that is on my BTL [I've done it once before] to my main residence, mostly because it's 0.49% above base rate.

This would mean that I sell the BTL.

On the other hand I've got people queuing outside the door of the BTL offering me more than double the mortgage payment in rent.
      Rubbish thread!! I read this as BLT, now I've got the taste in my mouth.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Rubbish thread!! I read this as BLT, now I've got the taste in my mouth.

So you think I should sell??
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What's the Mayo to tomato ratio?

Comment

Do you have a straw?

Comment

Seriously though, sell your Btl and stick the money in a two year icici bond at 4% or an AA income bond at 5.1% for five years.

Also my greengrocer said lettuce is due a price correction.

Hth
              Last edited by MarillionFan; 22 March 2010, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Seriously though, sell your Btl and stick the money in a two year icici bond at 4% or an AA income bond at 5.1% for five years.

Also my greengrocer said lettuce is due a price correction.

Hth

That's the decision the wife and I have came to - sell. When it's not working for you, get rid of it.

Better stock up on my lettuce while it's cheap...

Comment

so tenants will pay double an interest only mortgage at 0.49 over base. Your home isn't on as good a rate and you will save more than the excess rent by transferring the mortgage? is that right?

ok so now u need a new mortgage for the btl which the rent won't cover. is that right?

i'm missing something here, did you ask should i keep my btl if it costs me each month and the market is looking uncertain?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    so tenants will pay double an interest only mortgage at 0.49 over base. Your home isn't on as good a rate and you will save more than the excess rent by transferring the mortgage? is that right?

ok so now u need a new mortgage for the btl which the rent won't cover. is that right?

i'm missing something here, did you ask should i keep my btl if it costs me each month and the market is looking uncertain?
                    That's about right.

BTL mortgage is a repayment type though.

However I'm not just looking at one egg, I'm looking at the whole basket. And I'm pi$$ing a whole lot more money on interest on my home than I'm earning on the BTL, even if it looks good on it's own.

But there's more to it that that.

I'm one of Blair's/Brown's little babies who 15 years later has become used to living with some debt, but I don't need to. Why do I keep doing so? Is it charity?

After this is over my war chest can keep me going for 3 years easy without me having to get out of bed.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've taken a tight skint flint attitude to spending, I've been amazed what I've been able to save and even more horrified what I've been spending for no reason whatsoever. My lifestyle only feels it go better if anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X