• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The server is alive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The server is alive

One of the main servers in client co, is a few feet from me. The hard drive or fan is making a soft soughing noise
    almost like a large dog, or a small lion breathing gently. As the pitch changes, or it gets louder or quieter, it's uncannily like a large animal, sleeping.

spooksville arizona

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    One of the main servers in client co, is a few feet from me. The hard drive or fan is making a soft soughing noise
    almost like a large dog, or a small lion breathing gently. As the pitch changes, or it gets louder or quieter, it's uncannily like a large animal, sleeping.

spooksville arizona

Call Mulder & Scully

Comment

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Comment

almost like a large dog, or a small lion breathing gently.
        As the pitch changes, or it gets louder or quieter, it's uncannily like a large animal, sleeping.

spooksville arizona

It's me, snoring. Stop TOUCHING ME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          i'm gonna reboot you

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

i'm gonna reboot you

I'll byte your leg if you do!

Comment

I'll byte your leg if you do!
              Just nibble at a bit. He'll get hexed if you eat too much.

Comment

Kick 'im in the bit bucket

I used to have a ZX81 with the 16k ram pack. It used to make a sound like someone whisperering just too quietly to make out what they were saying. It could be very disconcerting at night when it was very quiet. You could *almost* hear the words, but not quite.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Kick 'im in the bit bucket

I used to have a ZX81 with the 16k ram pack. It used to make a sound like someone whisperering just too quietly to make out what they were saying. It could be very disconcerting at night when it was very quiet. You could *almost* hear the words, but not quite.
                  How the hell did it make a noise? Did it have a cooling fan in the ram pack?

Comment

How the hell did it make a noise? Did it have a cooling fan in the ram pack?
                    No idea, there was no fan in it but it definately made a very low level sound. I guess it was some sort or electrical effect, but it was definately spooky.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X