• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Euro mortgage for a property in the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Euro mortgage for a property in the UK?

Is it a good time to get one? The pound can only go one way shirley?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    The pound can only go one way shirley?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

you gotta be careful with the mortgage currency exchange stuff

mortgages are for a long time and not easy to swap currency if
      things go against you

look at what happened last year to the Hungarians last year with their
      CHF and EUR mortgages

Milan.

Comment

Milan beat me to it. There are lots of Eastern Europeans now living under bridges because they did this and were stung by a local currency dip.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I guess there will always be a good and bad time to jump in with these things, it depends if you're willing to gamble with the family home.

I'll stick with Nationwide.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Not a wise thing. When it unwinds, you'll get royally ****ed over. Google Yen Carry Trade for some horror stories.

The recent E.Europe troubles are just people not learning their lesson from history.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Lockhouse words of wisdom; Always have the mortgage in the same currency as your rent.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Lockhouse words of wisdom; Always have the mortgage in the same currency as your rent.

And income stream.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

And income stream.
                  Not so important as you may wish to speculate but at least you are hedged.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Any debt should be denominated in the same currency of your main income.

Comment

Working...
                    X