• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Romanians steel mans home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE impact of Britain’s open-border policy on immigration was laid bare yesterday when it emerged how Romanian squatters moved into a man’s home while he was at work and attempted to claim it as their own.

Mihai and Laura Dediu, who have two children, said they met a man in a local shop who told them the house had been empty for some time.

Home owner David Mooney was only saved from having to fight a lengthy eviction case when he unexpectedly returned home to retrieve his forgotten wallet.

He was stunned to find the Romanian couple had forced the locks on his two-bedroom end-of-terrace home and were in the process of emptying it of his belongings.

He promptly called police who arrived at the house in Southfields, Northampton, and arrested the couple.

The extraordinary episode was revealed at Northampton Crown Court last week in front of a incredulous judge who warned the case demonstrated how Britain was in danger of regressing to the 19th century.

Outlining the incident last December, Judge Richard Bray said: “The owner comes back at 5pm and there’s an unknown car parked in his drive and the lights to the house are on.

“He goes in and finds these two defendants and, wait for it, a young child.

“We are going back to Dickensian times it appears.

“When challenged, the defendants say they own the property and are just moving in and that the male defendant was going to alter the locks as part of that process.

“Then an unidentified person attends to take the child away. What’s going on here?”

The judge added: “This is a bizarre case. I must be the most experienced person in this building for burglary and in 26 years I cannot remember a case where burglars have taken a young child with them to carry out a burglary. I really can’t.”
    http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/164597

"Dave, dave, your my wife now"

"Romanians steel mans home"

I was looking forward to an article detailing how a Romanian's house, made of pure steel, was used to illegally house 4239 men, against their will, until police discovered the debacle.

Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by larson View Post

I was looking forward to an article detailing how a Romanian's house, made of pure steel, was used to illegally house 4239 men, against their will, until police discovered the debacle.

Gutted.
      I thought it was going to be a Hello style spread about the Romanian equivalent of Lakshmi Mittal and his new house.

Gutted.
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I though they had used girders in a listed building, or old castle

gutted
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

bollocks.

Comment

If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

WTF??

where is the price of his house?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                WTF??

where is the price of his house?
                The OA was in the Daily Express, not the Daily Wail...

Comment

Originally posted by larson View Post
                  Ah, not a report on Romania's Superman finally repatriating.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    The OA was in the Daily Express, not the Daily Wail...
                    How does this affect the death of Princess Di?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X