• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another SC question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another SC question

I have been asked to apply for SC but can you tell me if my current employer will see the infomation on the form as i have a small indiscretion 30 years ago long spent but i'm embarrased about it, i dont know if it will stop my SC being granted.Is the process that the vetting people see the form and grant/refuse SC or do employers security see info sent to vetting people and grant/refuse SC

TIA

Originally posted by Newnonperm View Post
    I have been asked to apply for SC but can you tell me if my current employer will see the infomation on the form as i have a small indiscretion 30 years ago long spent but i'm embarrased about it, i dont know if it will stop my SC being granted.Is the process that the vetting people see the form and grant/refuse SC or do employers security see info sent to vetting people and grant/refuse SC

TIA
    Surely you are self employed? In which case you 'employer' most certainly will read what you write, unless you wipe your memory before you send it.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Advice
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

If by indescretion you mean some kind of criminal record, you put your declaration in an envelope, which is sealed and then given to the security officer to pass to the vetting people.

Your current (and probably future) employers / clients will not see the detailed information, I believe.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Newnonperm View Post

TIA
          I would feel that you are obligd to mention this to your company before they undertake the request for clearence. if you fail clearence 4 monhs down the line because you were convicted of selling secrets to the Sov's your company is going to very unhappy you needlessly wasted their time and land you in hot water.

Do some more research on your indescetion and if there is a reasonable chance you will fail you must either tell your company or you could tell you wont apply for personal reasons.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just tell us what you did - then we can give you accurate, reasonable advice, as ever.
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

You're entitled to put the "embarassing" bits in a sealed envelope that the DVA will open, but the Security Office at your client shouldn't.

Comment

Just fill the form in, tell them everything, even speeding convictions - and yes folks attending a speed awareness course does not mean that you haven't comitted an offense, you have to mention that on your form too.

An offense 30 years ago should not cause you problems - not mentioning it on your vetting form will.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  If by indescretion you mean some kind of criminal record, you put your declaration in an envelope, which is sealed and then given to the security officer to pass to the vetting people.

Your current (and probably future) employers / clients will not see the detailed information, I believe.
                  WHS, not even HR at client co should see the documents if you place them in a sealed envelope.

As you mention it was a 'small indescretion' I doubt it is something that today will affect your ability to get security clearance......as long as you are honest about it on the forms.

Comment

Thanks i recieved a 12 months conditional discharge for fighting when i was younger and dafter 30 years ago, who issues the SC, the vetting people or the company security ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X