• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New property investment concept; BTLI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New property investment concept; BTLI

Well, new for the Brits anyway. The idea is this; Buy To Live In it. It’s simple really, you borrow some money in the same currency as your income, buy a house and then live in it. While living in it you can go out to work and earn some more money! Let’s imagine you spend 250,000 groats on a house and 50,000 groats on some training and qualifications, then both partners go out to work and earn 100,000 groats per year for 30 years. You’ll have earned 3,000,000 groats having invested only 300,000; that’s a tenfold increase! Can’t go wrong!
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 23 March 2010, 13:47.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well, new for the Brits anyway. The idea is this; But To Live In it. It’s simple really, you borrow some money in the same currency as your income, buy a house and then live in it. While living in it you can go out to work and earn some more money! Let’s imagine you spend 250,000 groats on a house and 50,000 groats on some training and qualifications, then both partners go out to work and earn 100,000 groats per year for 30 years. You’ll have earned 3,000,000 groats having invested only 300,000; that’s a tenfold increase! Can’t go wrong!
    Madness!

It will never work!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That sounds like hard work.

The old system of borrowing 100% of the money, buying, letting it, then go on holiday for 5 years and come back and sell up and make 100% profit for doing nothing sounds much more exciting.

Boomed!

Comment

It misses the important factors of stress and the potential of extra income, it might be a good idea house 10 students in conservatory & smash the boiler up every six months kind of balance it out a little.
        Buy a house and just live in it?? - whatever next?
        state or private?

Comment

I know, it sounds really crazy, but I still have my house, my debt has shrunk by more than my income which has only reduced slightly in the recession and the house is worth more than I owe. Is this an unfamiliar position for many Brits?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm with you mitch

it would seem one of the best ways to make money is to work hard and take minimal risks...

probably buying a lottery ticket every now and then can't hurt either!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              probably buying a lottery ticket every now and then can't hurt either!
              Dirty SPEKULANT!

Comment

but if I don't pay my stupid tax the economy will fail

ooo

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  but if I don't pay my stupid tax the economy will fail
                  I think other CUK members are eligible for much more stupid tax than you.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Well, new for the Brits anyway. The idea is this; Buy To Live In it. It’s simple really, you borrow some money in the same currency as your income, buy a house and then live in it. While living in it you can go out to work and earn some more money! Let’s imagine you spend 250,000 groats on a house and 50,000 groats on some training and qualifications, then both partners go out to work and earn 100,000 groats per year for 30 years. You’ll have earned 3,000,000 groats having invested only 300,000; that’s a tenfold increase! Can’t go wrong!
                    Yes, but you spend too much time in here reading posts about people making money in equity, forex and commodities etc when actually they made £500 over a 4 month period trading, and yet they’re actually on a £400 a day rate for pissing about with .NET away...

Comment

Working...
                    X