• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humiliated by a bunch of sophisticates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humiliated by a bunch of sophisticates

I always thought I had quite an eclectic taste in music & knew my stuff but I've just been found out. The guy being discussed was Mark Murphy & the album Bop For Kerouac. Never heard of him I said, cue an uncomfortable silence and a look that said "oh dear" on the assembled faces. They won't be inviting me out again.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I always thought I had quite an eclectic taste in music & knew my stuff but I've just been found out. The guy being discussed was Mark Murphy & the album Bop For Kerouac. Never heard of him I said, cue an uncomfortable silence and a look that said "oh dear" on the assembled faces. They won't be inviting me out again.
    For an old fuddy duddy I thought I was cool some years ago because I liked Lady Gaga, my young colleges had never heard of her at that time.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Sophisticates my bottom. Pretentious nerds by the sounds of it. Ignore them....bunch of losers.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Sophisticates my bottom. Pretentious nerds by the sounds of it. Ignore them....bunch of losers.

HTH
        WHS.

Bunch of Losers are playing Glasto this year, btw
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          WHS.

Bunch of Losers are playing Glasto this year, btw
          Glasto? What's that?

Comment

Glasto? What's that?
            Big pharmaceutical company.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Big pharmaceutical company.
              Ain't that the truth
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I can normally hear it from my garden when the wind's in the right direction (or wrong direction, depending on who's playing)

Comment

I can normally hear it from my garden when the wind's in the right direction (or wrong direction, depending on who's playing)
                  We used to get the cheapo day tickets when my folks lived nearby.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    We used to get the cheapo day tickets when my folks lived nearby.
                    Not so cheap now, about £75 IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                    X