• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA strikers to lose travel perks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA strikers to lose travel perks

Linky.

So you take industrial action which damages the company you work for and then cry when the same company no longer offers you travel perks.

Serves 'em right!

Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Serves 'em right!
      Yup.

Bunch of clowns. Made me smile when I read that story.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

It's about time that the union realized that things are a bit tough out there, they work for a company losing lots of money, and if they aren't careful there won't be any jobs for them.

Plus, cutting the perks for them saves money for the company, I guess.

Sometimes, I have some sympathy for strikers - for example if there is a genuine safety concern that is being made. Striking because you aren't getting a pay rise and because they are reducing the number of staff is, put simply, a little silly.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I wonder if Willie W. fancies a job as Conservative leader? About time someone will the balls of Maggie was back in charge.

Comment

Even Michael O'Leary agrees

http://www.self-catering-breaks.com/news/94321545.html
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

O'Leary

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Of course he would, he is having a laugh winding up the old dino union boss to prolong the strike, and have a bigger laugh watching his bank balance as he leases planes to BA.

I wish he would shut up, I am flying BA on the 31st(Hopefully)
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

was it not BA who about a year ago asked every to work for a month for free?

and then did not the senior management team pick up big bonuses based on cost savings of the aforementioned free working month

and this will be the same senior that is refusing to give people a payrise....

not that I really care but it just continues to highlight the greed of many senior managers/stakeholders/directors and really does show that they could not give a flying fe< about anyone but themselves and their bonuses

and to think BA have the Investors in People award...

Comment

Does BA really make a loss?

Or is it just fancy accounting that makes it look so.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Tony Woodley reminds me of the crazed rantings of Scargill in his hey day. Showing my age now

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the dispute, to try and cripple a major British icon in the midst of the worst financial crisis for decades is in my view, treasonable. Do they not see how the airline industry has been decimated over the last few years. Idiots!

The World and his dog are desperately trying to cling onto an income, and here he is advocating all the usual left wing rhetoric of old. Yes, I want to see the boys and girls at BA get a decent wedge, and they are not the worst paid in that industry by far, but to mess with the lives of the general public to achieve some gain, has always been wrong. I remember well how the Labour party and the unions manipulated the UK in the 70s, and how much ordinary folk had to put up with while they played their silly games.

Now we also read about the rail workers, and the gas workers, planning to do the same.

Have they all gone mad?

Wake up people, we are in a mess financially and the recovery is only just starting. If you continue to play these insane games, you will end up out of work, and the money will flow to foreign owned companies eagerly waiting to pick up the remains from yet another failed British institution.

Reasoned debate is the way forward, not militant action against those who have nothing to do with your dispute.

I hope that BA stands it ground, and Unite go the way of the NUM.

Rant over
                    I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced things first hand. If you need expert advice then seek out a qualified expert. My opinions are just that, my opinions. I could be wrong, and laws change, so trust nothing I say

Comment

Working...
                    X