• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been sent on a 'one team' course.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been sent on a 'one team' course.......

Managed to get the day off as a holiday though.

The crap us permies have to go through

Going to go to a Body Attack class instead. Better off feeding the muscles than poisening my brain with corporate brainwashing......

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

So you had to use one of your days holiday up so that you could go on a training course. Good plan.

I hope they used the phrase "remember - there's no 'I' in team"
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
      So you had to use one of your days holiday up so that you could go on a training course. Good plan.

I hope they used the phrase "remember - there's no 'I' in team"
      The opposite.

Booked a day off to AVOID the darned thing.

Got 17 days to use of lose by the end of April, so I am starting to burn them up!!

Got a late evening meeting on one day that is immoveable - all hands. Holiday to the rescue again

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Going to go to a Body Attack class instead. Better off feeding the muscles than poisening my brain with corporate brainwashing......
        Good call. I found them depressing experiences <shudder>
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Nearly went permanent a few years back and must admit one thing that put me off was when I received an invite to an entire day of corporate BS just before I was due to start it (I was a contractor at the time ).

Last corporate brainwashing get together I went to was back in 2000 just after a large round of redundancies. The CEO told us about how bad the company was doing and my the reduction in workforce was necessary but that was the end of the redundancies and stated that everyone was now safe. A little out of character I muttered away something along the lines of "yeah right, until the next round of bad figures comes in" instead of just keeping my thoughts to myself. Someone next to me had a right go at me afterwards stating how honest the CEO was being with us and we must all believe in him.......6 months later she was out the door when company situation still didn't improve. . I found it difficult restraining myself from saying a childish "told ya so" in a childish voice on her last day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
            "remember - there's no 'I' in team"
            And when they do, just remember to shout out:

"But there is in 'winner'"

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X