• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The boom was just living on debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boom was just living on debt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...er-Labour.html

Pay back time!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The graphs shown in your link don't show that at all. They show clearly a sound and expanding economy, up until the global crash hit in 2008.

I'd say that, apart from the crash (which no other party could have handled so well) the Telegraph data shows a job consistently well done since 1997.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
      The graphs shown in your link don't show that at all. They show clearly a sound and expanding economy, up until the global crash hit in 2008.

That's like saying your debt fuelled lifestyle was just a sound expanding income right up until the credit companies called in the bailiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        That's like saying your debt fuelled lifestyle was just a sound expanding income right up until the credit companies called in the bailiffs.
        I don't mind your claiming that the country lived on debt, but don't try to claim that the Telegraph graphs show that. They do not.
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

The Net Debt is particularly telling - it seems the UK accounts followed the housing boom piling more and more debt on.

It looks like GB abandoned his golden rule about 2002...

Fact of the matter is the GB is a habitual liar, a thief and an idiot all rolled into one.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'd say that, apart from the crash (which no other party could have handled so well)
            No other Party having had the levels of experience where really huge "crashes" were involved.

the Telegraph data shows a job consistently well done since 1997.
            Indeed. But that only holds true if the "job" in question was allowing the country to hock itself up to the eyeballs.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X