• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax avoidance scheme...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax avoidance scheme...

http://www.howtomakecider.com/cider_intro.php

Keep this on the down low folks - we don't want hector getting wind of it
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

LOL! Did someone post an answer to this, hadn't understood the thread and then deleted their post.

I'll keep quiet.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm going to have a go at this in the summer...

http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/cgi/...num=1175682348
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I loved this bit

What is Cyder?
        Cyder is just another spelling of cider. They are exactly the same thing.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          http://www.howtomakecider.com/cider_intro.php

Keep this on the down low folks - we don't want hector getting wind of it
          One of the Caesars brought a tax on beer in and tried to force everyone to buy their beer from the state monopoly when they started to home-brew.

So much home-brew in fact, that he then brought in a tax on what you should have bought, a 'deemed to have brewed' tax.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I was thinking of starting to home brew to be honest myself. Save a bloody fortune on wine.

Suityou. What's your stuff like?

Comment

I'm curious as to whether this would be classified as tax avoidance or evasion?

If fact what exactly is tax avoidance?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Its neither. You are allowed to home brew for yourself. It only becomes an issue for duty if you attempt to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I was thinking of starting to home brew to be honest myself. Save a bloody fortune on wine.

Suityou. What's your stuff like?
                  Not bad at all and far better than you remember from the days of Boots' kits. Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Not bad at all and far better than you remember from the days of Boots' kits. Go for it.
                    Dunno, them kits, where you just pour water in the bag and wait a few days are pretty darn good.

If you can remember the day after that is.

I buy them from the home brew stall on Doncaster fish market.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X