• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My pension pot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pension pot

Just had a meeting with IFA to discuss my portfolio. At the minute cash is invested across a diverse range of stocks. Nearly £1000 a month I put into the pot.

I've just learnt the interest on the portfolio grew to 21% on the last 12 months to date. Boomed!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just had a meeting with IFA to discuss my portfolio. At the minute cash is invested across a diverse range of stocks. Nearly £1000 a month I put into the pot.

I've just learnt the interest on the portfolio grew to 21% on the last 12 months to date. Boomed!!
    It'll still be worth F-all when you come to buy your annuity -

Comment

You can probably afford a new mac now.

Comment

Well done, so thats 1 x £1000 x 21%.

Well done.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Meanwhile in other news the FTSE 100 has gone up 31% in the last 12 months:

FTSE 100 - 12 month data

Those fund managers are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            Meanwhile in other news the FTSE 100 has gone up 31% in the last 12 months:

FTSE 100 - 12 month data

Those fund managers are top notch.
            Excellent, so instead of a low cost tracker returning me 31% I can pay a very expensive fund manager or IFA and get 21%!

Where do I sign!

Comment

Ah, another 'look how much I'm worth/am earning' thread from Scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Well done.
                Grew by 21% you pettifogger!

The scheme has been running for considerably more than 1 month thank you very much!
                Last edited by scooterscot; 24 March 2010, 14:56.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Well done.
                  I hope you do not work in banking.

Comment

You never count your money when your sittin' at the table, there'll be time enough for counting when the dealin' is done.

Comment

Working...
                    X