• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

trouble getting a bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble getting a bank account

I have been ill more than a year with very severe back and neck pain caused by RSI.
    I am now ready to work again though still in some pain.
    My money ra out and I had to claim sickness benefit.
    I had to suspend paymnts on car loan and credit cards.
    I got a few deaults as a result.
    My company was dissolve becasue it oweb the cown more than it had in the bank
    Now I am struggling t get a bank account for a new company.
    They do a personal seach for company accounts and turn you down if they find defaults.
    Can anybody advise?
    Does anyone have an established company (without debts) to transfer.

Any advice appreciated

Originally posted by aiminhi View Post
    Any advice appreciated
    Duck.

Comment

You are Sasguru; you maxed out your credit card at le Gavroche and I claim my free sockpuppet.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How amusing. Sockie appears at exactly the time a discussion on having bank accounts appears on the forum.

Very clever
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your only options are:

- go permie;
          - go brolly;
          - pick another industry and go self-employed.

Edit: I am wrong. Simplified version:

Get someone else to make you a director.
          Get the bank to accept you as a signatory.
          The other person ceases to be a director and tells the bank.
          You then have a company and its bank account.

This is how naughty bankrupts get back into business when they shouldn't.
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 24 March 2010, 17:44.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Does anyone care?

Comment

Have you tried bleeding your radiators?

Comment

The sooner the forum gets reorganised so that genuine queries don't end up in General where people hurl abuse at the poster, the better.

(Although that will make it more difficult for the imbeciles who think sockpuppets are fun, as it will be obvious that they couldn't have ended up in General by accident.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The sooner the forum gets reorganised so that genuine queries don't end up in General where people hurl abuse at the poster, the better.
                  I am being I know but I have to ask ... NF: this is a funny time of day for you to post. Are you just getting up or finally going to bed?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by aiminhi View Post
                    I have been ill more than a year with very severe back and neck pain caused by RSI.
                    I am now ready to work again though still in some pain.
                    My money ra out and I had to claim sickness benefit.
                    I had to suspend paymnts on car loan and credit cards.
                    I got a few deaults as a result.
                    My company was dissolve becasue it oweb the cown more than it had in the bank
                    Now I am struggling t get a bank account for a new company.
                    They do a personal seach for company accounts and turn you down if they find defaults.
                    Can anybody advise?
                    Does anyone have an established company (without debts) to transfer.

Any advice appreciated
                    I you are not a sockie; here is the answer.

Buy a book on setting up limited companies.

Get two friends or relatives with a good credit rating to be directors, get them to open up the bank account. Once the account is opened they can resign and you then get appointed. The Bank account is for the limited company, not for an individual.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X