• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kebabs in Germany...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kebabs in Germany...

..are cock-on compared the the tulipe we get in UK...

I was in Hamburg in Sept, popped down to Frau Möller in St Georgi, had a few amazing beers and wandered into the nearest kepap shop...

Heaven, slightly spicy chicken, cracking non floppy non wet non pitta bread, some sort of exquisite soda bread - no sure, got a large, Euro 30 and two....

Couldn't eat all of it, dumped it in a bin, here..

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&sourc...01147&t=h&z=20

Wonder if it's still there, I'd eat it, for sure....

Originally posted by stek View Post

I was in Hamburg in Sept, popped down to Frau Möller in St Georgi, had a few amazing beers and wandered into the nearest kepap shop...

Heaven, slightly spicy chicken, cracking non floppy non wet non pitta bread, some sort of exquisite soda bread - no sure, got a large, Euro 30 and two....

Have to agree there. Never eat the crap here.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

You must be going to the wrong kebab shops, AFAIK Turks don't make discernibly different food depending on where they end up on the planet.

Always ask for 'shish' and avoid the 'rotten elephants foot' that the Greeks seem to favour and you shouldn't go far wrong.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

ah yes my precocious friend, but according to Chef you can't get a decent bacon sarnie in Germany for love nor money, so I'll pass.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I went for a curry on LangeReihe a couple of months back. The chicken madras was sweet and had fecking rasins in it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            You must be going to the wrong kebab shops, AFAIK Turks don't make discernibly different food depending on where they end up on the planet.

Always ask for 'shish' and avoid the 'rotten elephants foot' that the Greeks seem to favour and you shouldn't go far wrong.
            Said German Kepap is an elephants foot, just it's made from meat and not offal.

There's a cracking place at Bergedorf station, half sized one for one euro 20, as big as a 5 quid one here...

Why do I still live in UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I went for a curry on LangeReihe a couple of months back. The chicken madras was sweet and had fliping rasins in it.
              raisins in curry is law. soaks up the juices and burst in the mouth like little spice bombs. Om nom nom nom nom

lursh
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I went for a curry on LangeReihe a couple of months back. The chicken madras was sweet and had fliping rasins in it.
                Lange Reihe is where Frau Möller is, great street for booze and grub but curry - not sure!

Comment

Lange Reihe is where Frau Möller is, great street for booze and grub but curry - not sure!
                  You were in Golden Cut I bet?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    ah yes my precocious friend, but according to Chef you can't get a decent bacon sarnie in Germany for love nor money, so I'll pass.
                    sadly 'tis true unless you goto the English shop if your city is lucky enough to have one OR you bring back in bulk each time you go back to the uk..

ahh a Bacon Sarnie for breakfast with a runny egg on a nice barm cake.. mmmm
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X