• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gripes about dentists or dental treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gripes about dentists or dental treatment

Got any dental related gripes to share?

I've got a few. Here's one:
    Ever since I had an old filling redone (it was showing signs of wear I was told, but it was symptomless to me), I can't chew hard foods on that side. I get a shooting pain when for example I eat pork crackling. I was also left with a sharp tooth, from a another tooth that was redone, which I can feel with my tongue. The latter isn't a biggie (unless it means the tooth is liable to crack), but suggests sloppiness to me. Anyway, I think I'll give that dentist a bum steer in future.

One dentist stuck the needle in a bit too far, pain was incredible. Booting him in the baws from a prone position was purely reflex, honest.

Barred of course.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

My daughter was just offered 3 options by her dentist.....
      Opt 1) Dentist sucks teeth, shakes head, mutters really not recommended..... circa £100
      Opt 2) Dentist winces as he mentions it still shaking head mournfully - circa £1000
      Opt 3) Dentist smiles and nods while speaking - circa £3000

Comment

missus is a dentist
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          missus is a dentist
          and you are going to gripe about her???

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            and you are going to gripe about her???
            I thought this thread was to gripe about dentists?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              I thought this thread was to gripe about dentists?
              So did I...... and your gripe with your missus is????

Or is it just that she is your missus?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                My daughter was just offered 3 options by her dentist.....
                Opt 1) Dentist sucks teeth, shakes head, mutters really not recommended..... circa £100
                Opt 2) Dentist winces as he mentions it still shaking head mournfully - circa £1000
                Opt 3) Dentist smiles and nods while speaking - circa £3000
                I wouldn't let dentist suck my teeth

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  I wouldn't let dentist suck my teeth
                  I might, if she was a looker.

Between the ages of 13 and 18 I had four fillings. They were all done by the school dentist. I'd never had any before and have never had any since. I believe he was paid on commision.

Comment

When having a root canal done (2 stages), I came back for stage two and the dentist said I didn't need my mouth numbed as she'd removed all the nerves the previous week.

And boy was she wrong

I also found out she'd put in fillings that I didn't need which have now damaged my teeth
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X