• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Question!!!! Time to invoice from start of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting Question!!!! Time to invoice from start of contract

Done four weeks on my new contract. Yet to send a timesheet or invoice!!

Just going to start looking at it now.

My worst is waiting 3 months after I'd started before bothering to invoice!

Are most of you off the mark like a scolded cat or more laissez faire?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

You're contracting again?!!

Have I missed the votes on how long you'll last, and how long before you punch someone?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Weekly without fail, verified etc. Not paid, off the client site. I don't do charity work.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Have I missed the votes on how long you'll last, and how long before you punch someone?
        SA!!! Just in time for a Cognac!

Me, me, me...

Comment

Off the mark as soon as possible.

Current gig is auto-invoice off their online timesheet system. Timesheet in on Friday, then 30 day terms.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Oh you've missed loads. Back off Perm, into Contract. Been banned, villified, lynched on CUK.

Everyones turned into a bunch of namby pamby bed wetters. Get your loveable arse back in here!!!!

Comment

I held back invoicing from about Sept to Dec 08 as the rate was in EUR and the pound was tanking.

Probably made a couple of grand by waiting. Obviously I'm not as well of as Dim or SAS so every little helps.

Comment

Yes, weekly for sure. And I have rarely accepted longer than a week's turnround. 30 days are not acceptable. After all, once you're in contract the agency has little enough to do so they can at least pay in a timely manner!

I've seen people caught out by not invoicing for weeks and then the agency has gone bust leaving them thousands out of pocket.

No way is that happening to me!

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
                  Yes, weekly for sure. And I have rarely accepted longer than a week's turnround. 30 days are not acceptable. After all, once you're in contract the agency has little enough to do so they can at least pay in a timely manner!

I've seen people caught out by not invoicing for weeks and then the agency has gone bust leaving them thousands out of pocket.

No way is that happening to me!
                  I suppose I may as well get around to it. Still havent sent the Opt Out agreement back yet either.

Comment

Oh you've missed loads. Back off Perm, into Contract. Been banned, villified, lynched on CUK.

Everyones turned into a bunch of namby pamby bed wetters. Get your loveable arse back in here!!!!
                    oy chump, not everyone's turned into "namby pamby bed wetters", get your facts straight before you tar all of us with that big fat brush of yours...

and welcome back SA, nice to see you again

Chef
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X