• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JobCenter Iphone App

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JobCenter Iphone App

Own up - Who did this?

I ve just been on itunes and the goverment have spent money on a shiny iphone app thats in the top ten apps.

Now what are the odds someone who has an iphone and wifi is going to be happy wiyj a minimum wage job?

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
    Own up - Who did this?

I ve just been on itunes and the goverment have spent money on a shiny iphone app thats in the top ten apps.

Now what are the odds someone who has an iphone and wifi is going to be happy wiyj a minimum wage job?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Irony, I love it.

Comment

The last time I was in a Job Centre (during the dotcom slump) the nifty new touch-screen job search terminals kept on throwing up opportunities in Royal Navy submarines, no matter what you searched for.

This was in the city that is further from the sea than any other city in the United Kingdom

I wasn't willing to relocate to a sardine can at an undisclosed location under the North Atlantic, so I passed on those. Luckily I was also too old, so they couldn't force me to take up the "opportunity"

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
          Pretty high, the current generation views a £300 phone as something they are entitled to, not something to save for and aspire to.

It's quite a weird phenomenon actually. Spending so much on a watch would be considered flashy, and I remember when poorer people had £20 tape-players while rich kids had £100 Walkmans... but with phones it's considered a 'right' to be able to get an iPhone if you want one.

Of course, the job-centre doesn't only have minimum-wage jobs. They do get some proper jobs too, though rarely the exciting ones. I'd imagine all goverment jobs might have to be listed for example, and many companies place ads there just in case, after all being unemployed doesn't mean you're unskilled as any benched contractor should know...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This has potential when it comes time to cut back on the social security spending. If you enquire about a job via an iPhone app then it could trigger an investigation to see why you were so 'rich' to have one, but claiming benefits.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X