• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are you going to celebrate Earth Hour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you going to celebrate Earth Hour?

This coming Saturday.

I'm going to sit in the dark and knit some socks out of fluff and hug a tree, if I remember and can be arsed. How about you?

I will be adding to the CO² emissions as I shall be hiring a van (most likely a white one) to shift boxes up & down the A12
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Wrap up a big spliff and smoke it in my car parked outside Sir Liam Donaldson's house

Comment

I hope to have tranplanted the bits from my current Media Center to a new case for my dad to make use of and also to have built my new Media Center and so at around Earth Hour I believe I will be firing up and installing Windows 7 and all useful apps or if I'm ahead of schedule watching Hero on Blu-Ray on said new Media Center / nice big LCD TV..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          I hope to have tranplanted the bits from my current Media Center to a new case for my dad to make use of and also to have built my new Media Center and so at around Earth Hour I believe I will be firing up and installing Windows 7 and all useful apps or if I'm ahead of schedule watching Hero on Blu-Ray on said new Media Center / nice big LCD TV..
          chef - did you make your mammoth trip to Manchester and back? Are you all sorted now?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'm going to plant the strawberry plants I bought yesterday, because I'm a miser and begrudge paying €3 for a tiny pummet.
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

I've got a Saturday night off, so I'll either be up the pub or watching a film.

Comment

Slumped in a corner, shoeless, lipstick smeared across my face, drinking vodka and nursing a traffic cone - same as usual
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I shall spend the evening eating lentil casserole and farting the Marseilles in a restaurant somewhere in the Irish Boondocks!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    chef - did you make your mammoth trip to Manchester and back? Are you all sorted now?
                    Yes, last weekend.

The apartment is now stripped of virtually all stuff I wanted and it's currently sat in boxes in Cologne waiting for the weekend to be unpacked. Following tea and cake with the new landlady on Saturday to fill out all the necessary forms then I'll be as German as a non-native German can be.. exciting stuff

I'll make another trip after Glastonbury in June to clear down the apartment proper and sever all ties to the Uk.. that will be a good day
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X