• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ION trading platform.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ION trading platform.

Worthwhile thing to get involved in?

In a "I'm a contractor, I want to learn what is likely to pay well and keep me employed" stylee.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Worthwhile thing to get involved in?

In a "I'm a contractor, I want to learn what is likely to pay well and keep me employed" stylee.
    Ideally you should be looking to get involved in projects that actually define the technology that others have to play catch-up with.

Comment

ION are a big company who have a lot of sub-systems... so are you talking about R&N, MarketView, Anvil, Finvision.....or another?

Most people who work on ION know one another already..... it is very incestuous. It takes a long time to build your reputation….

Comment

Developing a securities system hooking into the messaging bus.

Missed out on a marketview gig a couple of years ago when funding got pulled, was a bit miffed about it. I think i need to get a niche skill but not one so niche it's a school tie kind of job.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Developing a securities system hooking into the messaging bus.

Missed out on a marketview gig a couple of years ago when funding got pulled, was a bit miffed about it. I think i need to get a niche skill but not one so niche it's a school tie kind of job.
          Go and do MV support for 12 months... that should get your name around the market.....

Comment

Working...
          X