• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is Budapest like to work in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Budapest like to work in?

Got an email about a skill-set I have (used the billing system that they are after on a previous client).

Immediate start for a good day rate.

It is tempting to jump into the unknown, rent the house, re-home the cat and see what Budapest is like for living in!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got an email about a skill-set I have (used the billing system that they are after on a previous client).

It is tempting to jump into the unknown, rent the house, re-home the cat and see what Budapest is like for living in!
    Wilmslow, I mean this in a nice way, "I doubt you would survive".

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Have never worked there but visited there whilst contracting in Poland. Fantastically cosmopolitan and beautiful city with great restaurants, good nightlife, and was reasonably priced when I was there too(1998 mind you).
      I'd give it a go if I were you.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You won't get the job so don't waste your time thinking about it.

HTH

Comment

great town

the spa's are excellent

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooow go for it

you'll have a great time

lots of adventures and stories for us :-)

Milan.

Comment

The women will pee on your shoes for only 300 Forints
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I used to work there around the turn of the century (I've been waiting to use that in a sentence for a while - it hadn't seemed appropriate now).

It was awesome.

It could conceivably be crap now, but I doubt it.

You'll want to stay in the city centre, and there are some new build & cool old apartment blocks to stay in. I stayed in a company apartment near Oktagon, which is away from the river, but closer to the park and the more bohemian nightlife.

There's a mixture of different types of restaurants and as has been said, quite a bohemian culture generally.

I didn't get involved in the expat culture, as there were a lot of folk from my company there but I understand there is one.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

rehousing the cat to Budapest would involve quarantine and a very expensive cat quarantine hotel bill, my parents did it, I thought they were mad.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'd be veeeery jealous of you going there. I love the city.
                  Girls are great and approachable, always something going on etc etc.
                  It's a bit like Prague but with most of the negatives removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    with most of the negatives removed.
                    You used to have to watch the bars you went in, and what taxi you got in as they would rip you off at the earliest opportunity.

Probably changed by now...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X