• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Holiday - similar to shops not opening on sundays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Holiday - similar to shops not opening on sundays

Afternoon All,

when I lived in blighty, we thought we could not live without 24/7 shops being open.

even today my cousin tells me that a weekend 'out' trip for his Boss and family is to go to the 'Mall' (those of us from Nice Coat That Jacket Land know where I mean), when one would have thought a nice day out for a family could be visiting country side or a place of historical, geographical, architectural, scientific interest etc

when we moved to Germany, it took some time to get used to the majority of shops closing at 16:00 on Saturday and being closed Sunday too, but in the end we got used to it and planned our shopping accordingly which actually free'd up Sundays for proper social time like visiting places of historical, geographical, architectural, scientific interest etc

and now the point of all this....

CUK Holiday

maybe the best holiday for the majority of us sadoes here, would be....

for the admins to ban us all for a week and then we come back refreshed

it would be an interesting social experiment in 21st century social media technology to observe what happens here in the absence of the majority of us lot, and what happens upon the return

Milan.

Which Mall does your cousin go to? I bet it's that one up in Sheffield.

Comment

sorry yoth, we're southerners

had you been from our neck of the woods you'd have understood the reference

Milan.

Comment

Is it the Bargate Centre in Southampton?

Comment

bob,

are you an expert on Shopping Centers or something ?

is there a Mecca at that one ?

Milan.

Comment

I was driving in my car on a sunny Sunday, playing I-spy, as one does, when I spotted a lovely Church so:

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'C'"

"Car boot!"

Bless.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              bob,

are you an expert on Shopping Centers or something ?

is there a Mecca at that one ?

Milan.
              Not an expert, I just really like them. There's another one that I've been to in Watford as well. I don't think there's a Mecca in the Southampton one, there's a Macca D's just down the road though.

Comment

which one is your favourite one ?

would it be fair to say you are a shopping center spotter ?

do you keep a book of the ones you've visited ?

Milan.

Comment

and now the point of all this....

Milan.
                  What a welcome break from tradition in a benes post.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

which one is your favourite one ?

would it be fair to say you are a shopping center spotter ?

do you keep a book of the ones you've visited ?

Milan.
                    All things considered I preferred the one in Sheffield. Do you have a favourite? I've only been to the 3 that I've mentioned so I don't think I'm up there as a spotter just yet, an enthusiastic and occasional visitor might be a fairer description. Some sort of scrap book could be an idea once I've visited a few more, but things change so rapidly these days it might be out of date as soon as the glue has dried. I guess it will always serve as a reminder to good times past!

Comment

Working...
                    X