• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Wonky Fruit ban defeated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Wonky Fruit ban defeated

BBC Linky

Give me strength. I think I had my mouth open in disbelief by the end of the article. On April 1st i would have been chuckling away but thats a week off yet!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

<eco mentalist mode>
    This is bad for our carbon footprint. Vegetables and fruits with an irregular shape take up more packaging and transport space as they can't be packed tightly, therefore increasing our use of fossil fuels and production of CO2. This is a backward step.
    </eco mentalist mode>

TBH, I don't think anyone in Europe other than the British government really took much notice of this.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      <eco mentalist mode>
      This is bad for our carbon footprint. Vegetables and fruits with an irregular shape take up more packaging and transport space as they can't be packed tightly, therefore increasing our use of fossil fuels and production of CO2. This is a backward step.
      </eco mentalist mode>

TBH, I don't think anyone in Europe other than the British government really took much notice of this.
      Maybe they didn't but I paid for the pleasure of a load of pompus idiots to discuss it and finally come to their senses.... twice!!!!

Comment

Well thats good for "That's Life" then
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Maybe they didn't but I paid for the pleasure of a load of pompus idiots to discuss it and finally come to their senses.... twice!!!!
          As did all of Europe's taxpayers. The EU parliament is actually just an expensive mental home for those who were too useless to get a job in national governments (which is saying something). Think of it as a sort of 'fletcher memorial home'.

Comment

Always nice to have it confirmed that the millions we pour into the EU coffers is being effectively targeted at the problems that really matter, and not just being frittered away in a profligate manner.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Always nice to have it confirmed that the millions we pour into the EU coffers is being effectively targeted at the problems that really matter, and not just being frittered away in a profligate manner.
              Oh some of it is given to French farmers too, who are always deserving of our help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Oh some of it is given to French farmers too, who are always deserving of our help.
                Good point. If we were not lavishing them with Fuel grants they would have insufficient diesel to propel their tractors to the strategic road junctions where they can bring the whole continent to a standstill. I mean just how upsetting can it be to be deprived of your "Don't grow any more Parsnips" subsidy?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Excellent. The only thing that made shopping with the wife an experience slightly this side of death was the chance of finding a fruit or veg that I could wave about shouting "Hey this one looks just like a nob!"
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Excellent. The only thing that made shopping with the wife an experience slightly this side of death was the chance of finding a fruit or veg that I could wave about shouting "Hey this one looks just like a nob!"
                    Thank god for that. I thought it was only me that did that and I needed help....

Comment

Working...
                    X