• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beheading.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beheading.

Either by the guilotine or axe, done with one clean strike, how many people reckon you'd still be conscious when you head hit the basket?

Discuss!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

You are, there are stories about folk biting each other in the basket during the french revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Either by the guilotine or axe, done with one clean strike, how many people reckon you'd still be conscious when you head hit the basket?

Discuss!
      Mostly anecdotal but there is some evidence to suggest you'd be lucid for up to a minute.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        You are, there are stories about folk biting each other in the basket during the french revolution.
        I believe so. I watched 'Human Sacrifice' on one of the sly tv channels the other night. The doctor on there who tries to mimic the, er, despatching of people in the ancient world reckoned since someone knew they were going to be executed, their blood pressure would rise considerably. Then, when the head was severed, this would not only have ensured a good supply of oxygenated blood to the brain but also would produce a veritable fountain out of the neck!

He reckoned the brain would be conscious for a good few seconds!

Oh, and the viking 'eagle of blood' was particularly unpleasant for the enemy!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Mostly anecdotal but there is some evidence to suggest you'd be lucid for up to a minute.
          Come over here Mr Executioner and I'll bite your legs off
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Don't care. So long as B'Liar, snot goblin, et al are conscious while we hung, draw, and quarter them.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X