• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The clean up operation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clean up operation

I think I see a suble war of attrition going on (look it up Minestrone) between the mods and the great unwashed. The direction is clear and several heavy handed measures have been used to make examples of certain posters.

Coming from several weeks ago when I for one thought the moderation on here was practically non existant, to conscripting new mods, I think things are going to improve.

From a personal stand point I have received feedback from posters in general and a certain mod what is good and what is bad to post. This has got through to me and I will try and up my game if everyone else does likewise.

IF however I see crap posts about kebabs in Germany for example, and other likewise cretinous threads, I will of course forget what I just said and carry on as normal.

The fate of CUK standards rests in your hands people, but try and understand what an augean task it must be to raise the bar from "their" perspective.

Onwards an upwards people.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

from the other thread...

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You were the first to respond. I can only assume you are a cretin who cannot read. Or worse still, you can read but only selectively. Surely identifying who the OP is and responding accordingly is pretty basic forum skills.

For once you have displayed how truly stupid you are for all to see. This is a momentous occasion. Thanks for flying your flag so plainly in view. Well done you.

Nothing personal mate, seems to be allowed to come in and give a WGAF to threads

http://forums.contractoruk.com/1109385-post25.html

But I am sure you would judge TykeMerc as you have judged me.

Tyke "For once you have displayed how truly stupid you are for all to see"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      from the other thread...
      so again you are the first to respond with disjointed and off topic drivel.

Well done you

Comment

"pssshhhhhhhhhh.

ohhh mum, Ive pissed the bed again."

"Oh fer feck son, you are going to work tomorrow and I am no dressing you on a Friday"

Comment

I think I see a suble war of attrition going on (look it up Minestrone) between the mods and the great unwashed. The direction is clear and several heavy handed measures have been used to make examples of certain posters.

Coming from several weeks ago when I for one thought the moderation on here was practically non existant, to conscripting new mods, I think things are going to improve.

From a personal stand point I have received feedback from posters in general and a certain mod what is good and what is bad to post. This has got through to me and I will try and up my game if everyone else does likewise.

IF however I see crap posts about kebabs in Germany for example, and other likewise cretinous threads, I will of course forget what I just said and carry on as normal.

The fate of CUK standards rests in your hands people, but try and understand what an augean task it must be to raise the bar from "their" perspective.

Oh FFS what another self indulgent mentally incapable post from the biggest dullard on the forum.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Oh FFS what another self indulgent mentally incapable post from the biggest dullard on the forum.
            breaking this down for ArseFan

self indulgent : Not really this was about CUK. Nice try. Fail. You are truly stupid.

mentally incapable : possibly although the salient points are there if you read them. Perhaps if you do what Minestrone does and hold a 6 inch shatterproof ruler beneath each line as you read it may help.

biggest dullard on the forum : I have a long long way to reach that. You are in front of the queue on that one as are many others. Nice try, but fail.

Must try harder. Perhaps some sleep may help? That and a frontal lobe labotomy?

Comment

I haven't read that particular thread but it has the potential to be an interesting discourse regarding the cultural differences between different European countries and I don't see why it should cause such offence.

I once purchased a late night kebab from a takeaway in Luxembourg and was astonished to find it was completely different from the kebabs that we get served in England. The two dishes are clearly based on one from the same source but it would be an interesting exercise to investigate why the implementations of them are completely different in different host countries.

Comment

How old are you?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  How old are you?
                  Join date Feb 2010
                  Posts 213

You are Sasguru and I claim my 5 free cretins

Edit : no wait, no I don't.

Comment

Join date Feb 2010
                    Posts 213

You are Sasguru and I claim my 5 free cretins

Edit : no wait, no I don't.
                    You are sherlock Holmes and I give you your 5 cretins back
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X