• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where were you on 26th March 2010 at 9.08?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where were you on 26th March 2010 at 9.08?

People remember where they were for the moon landing of 1969
    When Kennedy was shot!
    When the World Trade Towers came down.

Momentus points in time, all of them.

At 9.08, 26th March 2010, I just sat down in my office with a cup of tea and cocoa pops when Milan Benes posted his best ever, most sensible post! EVER!! In the History of CUK.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/1109953-post21.html
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I gotta say lads,

the majority of us have been playing here happily for the last 10 years

I've never had so much as a warning or a ban

now the next generation come along

and all they do is whinge and whine and want to be namby pamby mollycoddled and complain about rules and try to think up rules

isn't this representative of their generation, rules for the sake of rules instead of commonsense and understanding and knowing the difference in the fine line of over stepping the mark and not over stepping the mark

god help the country in the future with this lot around

Milan.

Well done that man! Well done!

I was there.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 26 March 2010, 09:15. Reason: I love you man! I LOVE YOU!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    .... stuff....
    moon landing of 1969 - Actually I don't... I might have been at school - what time was it?
    When Kennedy was shot! - Actually I don't.... I might have been in my pram
    When the World Trade Towers came down. - Yes I do remember that one... well the news flashes very soon afterwards....

When Berlin Wall came down - Funnily enough I was watching "Running Man" on Video with a mate we were slowly getting pished commiserating about a recent breakup (don't remember if he'd been dumped or me)... paused the Vid to have a slash.... and a News Flash started almost exactly as we pressed pause... Spooky!

Milan - Who he??

Comment

Welcome to the group-hug thread.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Milan - Who he??
        Who is he? WHO IS HE????!!!!??

Think Jimmy Cranky mixed with Barry Chuckle and you're almost there.

Comment

A midgit 1/2 wit woman with a face like a melted candle with a pechant for dressing up as a schoolboy mixed with an inane (but slightly taller) 1/4 wit with no identifiable talent what so ever both of whom "entertain" children??

Sorry can't see where you are going with this one!

Comment

And don't forget a liberal sprinkling of Constable Goody from the Thin Blue Line too.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              A midgit 1/2 wit woman with a face like a melted candle with a pechant for dressing up as a schoolboy mixed with an inane (but slightly taller) 1/4 wit with no identifiable talent what so ever both of whom "entertain" children??

Sorry can't see where you are going with this one!
              ROFL. I need to take a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                Welcome to the group-hug thread.
                Make sure you have your rule-book with you BYJ. Wouldn't want you bleating off to the mods about infringements in this thread without being able to quote which sub-paragraphs have been breached.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Make sure you have your rule-book with you BYJ. Wouldn't want you bleating off to the mods about infringements in this thread without being able to quote which sub-paragraphs have been breached.
                  I've never bleated to the mods about anything.

I don't care about the rules, all the bleating about rules seems to be coming from you lot, noses out of joint becuase your threads are being moved.

Grow up.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    I've never bleated to the mods about anything.

I don't care about the rules, all the bleating about rules seems to be coming from you lot, noses out of joint becuase your threads are being moved.

Grow up.
                    I think you will find that YOU have had more threads moved to LR than I have, so why would I complain?
                    On a more basic point, care to explain your involvement in THIS particular thread, other than the obvious bleating?

Comment

Working...
                    X