• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoon on R4 this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoon on R4 this morning

I have to say, I've never really had much time for Geoff Hoon. I do have some sympathy for him when it comes to these sleaze allegations and I thought he made some sense this morning when he basically said he was positioning himself for work when he left the Commons come the election.

Now, if a sitting MP said he would charge for getting legislation changed, then that is a different matter...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I have to say, I've never really had much time for Geoff Hoon. I do have some sympathy for him when it comes to these sleaze allegations and I thought he made some sense this morning when he basically said he was positioning himself for work when he left the Commons come the election.
    But can he provide two references?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Could it not be though that the whole thing was engineered in some way? Possibly by Hoon and allies to put a good dig in to labour before the elections? Funny how it was the three who opposed Brown that got collared...

Comment

Hoon

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Could it not be though that the whole thing was engineered in some way? Possibly by Hoon and allies to put a good dig in to labour before the elections? Funny how it was the three who opposed Brown that got collared...
        WHS, I think they have been stiched up.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

It's the kind of work he's going for, the blatent gamekeeper-turning-poacher aspect. It's rather like the head of the water board boasting about how his intimate knowledge of the water system makes him uniquely qualified to advise on the most devastating points at which to urinate into it.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Of course they were stitched up. That's what politics is.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X