• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody mens’ clothes shops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody mens’ clothes shops

Bloody hell. Went to the shop last night to buy a shirt. Yet again I have bought a dark blue shirt thinking it was black. Now I’m sitting in the office and the woman next to me says it’s blue.

Everyone knows that men are crap with colours, so why can’t they just put labels above the shelves saying ‘blue clothes’, ‘black clothes’, ‘green clothes’ etc?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Why would you want a black shirt?

Anyway, why not walk up to an assistant and say "I'd like a black shirt please"?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Why would you want a black shirt?

Anyway, why not walk up to an assistant and say "I'd like a black shirt please"?
      The assistant's a man too so he probably can't see the difference either.

Anyway, I want a black shirt because I usually wear black. At least I thought so. So there.

Comment

I was about to suggest you put the item you're about to buy, next to another black item in the shop - to compare. But you wouldn't which items are black, hum.

Or, wear something you KNOW is black and place the new item against it, to be sure.

Or, just wear blue sometimes.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

life isn't all bad if that is typical of the issues in your life...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            I know, but it could all be so much better.

Comment

Shop online.

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/catego...R_COLOUR!black
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Sad possibly.. but not bad!

Comment

My daughter bought me an exceedingly bright Pink polo shirt which I wore for work one day, cost her a quid from Primark which is five weeks pocket money for her, and she's 17...

The jokers in Test raised a Sev. One defect on it.......

Never wore it again, gf chucked it out...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    My daughter bought me an exceedingly bright Pink polo shirt which I wore for work one day, cost her a quid from Primark which is five weeks pocket money for her, and she's 17...
                    If you gave her more than 20p a week pocket money you might have gotten something nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X