• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Ads: Most Skills for Least Money Thread...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve Ads: Most Skills for Least Money Thread...

Kicking off with this...

Job Title: Solaris System Administrator Duration: 3 months (Possible For Extension) Location: Dusseldorf, Germany Job Description: 1) Administration and support of Solaris 8.x/9.x/10.x systems 2) Solaris based on Sun RISC systems and Solaris x86 support 3) Support of high available Solaris based systems 4) Veritas Cluster 4.x/5.x on Solaris, installation and support 5) Sun Cluster installation and support 6) Solaris deployment via Jet/Jumpstart 7) Expert knowledge on Package install, patch management, server builds, 8) Server upgrades, License management 9) Expert and Hands on knowledge on software distribution 10) Solaris based disk management with following tools 11) Sun ZFS 12) Sun SDS 13) Veritas Volume Manager 14) SAN connectivity EMC/HDS boxes 15) SAN Multipathing 16) Hand-on knowledge on various RAID technologies (RAID 0+1, RAID 1, RAID 5 etc.) 17) Expert & hands-on knowledge on troubleshooting 18) Very good understanding of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning. 19) Exposure to server hardening, Solaris security 20) Good exposure to Solaris network administration (DNS, NIS , IP tables) 21) LDAP based user management 22) Configures complex software implementations for initial functionality with occasionally configuration for advanced features. 23) Good knowledge and hands on experience to Shell Scripting/Perl/Phyton 24) H/W troubleshooting & Vendor coordination 25) Incident Management 26) Change Management 27) Configuration Management Excellent
    Location Dusseldorf, Germany
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 3 months (Possible For Extension)
    Rate Euros 20 Per/Hr

Glorified box swapper. Euros 20 Per/Hr is generous.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Ah but beer (Altbier) is only around the €1.65 mark in Düsseldorf (although admittedly they're 0,25l glasses)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Ah but beer (Altbier) is only around the €1.65 mark in Düsseldorf (although admittedly they're 0,25l glasses)
        Reminds me when I was in Hamburg, Grosse Freiheit, at a gig. They only had two beers on offer, both 6 Euro in a small plastic cup, Alsterwasser, which I quickly realised after buying it it was a bit sweet. Then it dawned, Shandy....

So next time I tried the other one, a darker brew, same price, called 'Diesel'. Tested sweet as well.....

Yeah, half beer, half coke......

12 Euro and not even slightly pissed.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Reminds me when I was in Hamburg, Grosse Freiheit, at a gig. They only had two beers on offer, both 6 Euro in a small plastic cup, Alsterwasser, which I quickly realised after buying it it was a bit sweet. Then it dawned, Shandy....

So next time I tried the other one, a darker brew, same price, called 'Diesel'. Tested sweet as well.....

No wonder the Germans lost the war.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

I did a similar thing at Camp Nou, we'd been happily knocking back San Miguel in a make shift bar outside the ground and thought nothing of carrying on inside during the match. It was only at half time when I started to sober up I noticed the bottle said 'sans alcohol'.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I just applied for the role - saying I assume the rate is a an error.

I smell Indian outsourcer at large.......

Comment

Working...
              X