• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Poetry Corner - Just Think !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Poetry Corner - Just Think !

Just think!

Some night the stars will gleam
    Upon a cold, grey stone,

And trace a name with silver beam,
    And it will be your own.

That night is speeding on to greet
    Your epitaphic rhyme.

Your life is but a little beat
    Within the Heart of Time.

A little gain
    A little pain
    A laugh
    A little fame

A Star-Gleam on a stone.

Robert Service

In case you don't remember, this is what you do
    Get up out of bed now
    If there's nothing left to
    Find the answer to - here is...
    Question number one
    If you're a believer...
    what do you believe ?
    Why do you believe it ?
    Doncha ever wonder...
    If it's really true...
    Do you ? Question number two
    Really... that's the mystery

Welcome back Alfred.

Comment

Aye Wurzel

Interesting contribution - which reminded me of a dream I had on Tuesday night.

I found myself in a wooden room with a desk and chair - on the desk there was a page with a mock examination Physics type question regarding Time Space and Relativity.

As I read the question I realised - 'Why yes I know the answer ...'

At which point my conciousness was flooded with light - there was no observor nor observed - just perfection in being in this state .

I think its what the Buddha named Satori.

I then awoke from the dream at appox 3 in the morning - there was nothing to do and nowhere to go - which was perfect.

I cannot recall the exact question I refered to - these things are probably encryted as frobidden knowledge. But it certainly concerned Time and Space.

Happy in this knowlege I feel asleep again - Starless and Bible Black.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7
      All good Children go to Heaven

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 March 2010, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Starless and Bible Black.

[/I]
        Did you see the documentary all about prog rock on BBC4 last Friday? What a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Did you see the documentary all about prog rock on BBC4 last Friday? What a treat.
          Unfortunately not - I can receive BBC1 and 2 here in NL but not 4.

Which is a shame.

I shall write to my Euro MP.

Or - on second thoughts - nothng really matters.

Well spotted though Wurzel - previously on this board only our dear departed FleetWood would have got that one.

PS Do you Dream in Colour ?

PPS One More Red Nightmare ...

Comment

reminded me of a dream I had on Tuesday night.

I found myself in a wooden room with a desk and chair - on the desk there was a page with a mock examination Physics type question regarding Time Space and Relativity.
            I have had a recurring dream for the last 20 years & it is truly terrifying. I dream that I am about to sit my organic chemistry final & I haven't been to any lectures all year so don't have any notes to revise from. Weird because this is actually what happened but why that should leave such an imprint on my psyche as opposed to all the many far more unpleasant things that have happened to me I'll never know.

Comment

It's still on iPlayer if you can get to that from there.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

PS Do you Dream in Colour ?
                Bill Nelson. 'Fraid I'll have to pass on the other one!

Comment

Which is a shame.
                  You should be able to pick up freesat, you might need a slightly bigger dish than usual, maybe an extra 10cm or so.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Bill Nelson. 'Fraid I'll have to pass on the other one!
                    Well done Wurzel - Fleetwod - may he rest in peace - would be proud of you.

About your Brother's job - all things must pass - for that is how we create a future - I am sure that your Brother is destined for greater things .

I too have experienced the suffering of losing people , jobs , money etc but in retrospect I realise that this is nicessaary to create the future.

As for One More Red NightMare - its the final apocalyptical track of King Crimsons Red Album - not for the faint hearted but Bill Bruffords drumming is par exellence.

PS Time - keeps on slipping -into the Future ...
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 March 2010, 15:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X