• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunch; I’m in a good mood again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch; I’m in a good mood again

Desperate to avoid the food poisoning acquired from my last visit to ClientCo’s southern Holland office canteen, I got in the car and asked the satnav to guide me to a restaurant. I ended up here enjoying duck breast with port sauce and morels, accompanied by a rather agreeable glass of Montefalco. Which was nice.

Would have stayed longer, but time is money!

Oh, the joys of contracting.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I worked at one place and enquired about lunch.

"We try to discourage it here" was the reply from the development manager.

The joys of working in Britain where 40 hrs a week is considered part time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I worked at one place and enquired about lunch.

"We try to discourage it here" was the reply from the development manager.

The joys of working in Britain where 40 hrs a week is considered part time.
      If I’m around he can try as hard as he likes. I am an obstinate git, I am fussy about my food, I am a 16 stone shot putter, and if I get hungry things and people can start flying out of windows. Give me his name and I'll come and sort 'im out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        If I’m around he can try as hard as he likes. I am an obstinate git, I am fussy about my food, I am a 16 stone shot putter, and if I get hungry things and people can start flying out of windows. Give me his name and I'll come and sort 'im out for you.
        You are gonna EAT him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          You are gonna EAT him!!!!
          No, throw him out of the window and then find a good restaurant for my lunch.

Comment

No, throw him out of the window and then find a good restaurant for my lunch.
            Phew! It put a whole new meaning to "Mich the Munch"

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              Phew! It put a whole new meaning to "Mich the Munch"
              Honestly, ‘we try to discourage lunch’. The only reasonable answer I could give is ‘come over here and say that’.

Comment

I am a 16 stone shot putter
                You're hard
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  Oi! That's great granny tester!

Comment

I am a 16 stone shot putter
                    I am a 12 stone love machine.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X