• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who still has the heating on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who still has the heating on?

I was brave and switch mine off yesterday lunchtime. Wasn't too bad last night, but that may be because the place was cooling down. I fracking hate the cold.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I live up north but am from down south.

I reckon I'll have the heating on all year round.

Comment

I had to put the fleece lining back in my jacket last night. Freezing it was.

Comment

Ours is thermostatically controlled. It's never switched off. (Except for servicing, and if we're away for more than a week ).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm getting a gas fire like this fitted next week.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Ours is thermostatically controlled. It's never switched off. (Except for servicing, and if we're away for more than a week ).
              Same here, but when I go away for any time I put the control unit into frost mode so that the 7 day temperature programmes don't run.

Comment

Just got an £800 gas bill for last quarter.....

So it's off now!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Just got an £800 gas bill for last quarter.....

So it's off now!
                  Ditto, was bloody freezing this morning
                  Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Wife keeps it on year round - and has the fire on quite a bit of the time.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X