• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-sexist version of "straw man proposal" required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-sexist version of "straw man proposal" required

I suggested we produce a straw man proposal and have been told that is sexist. "Aunt Sally" was suggested as an alternative, but that is equally sexist and does rather suggest something you throw stones at!

What term can I use to mean "a one page rich picture describing what we reckon you need for you to think about and discuss"?
    You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
    Put a donk on it!

If you continue to use this sort of language, I predict that you will shortly disappear up your own
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
      I suggested we produce a straw man proposal and have been told that is sexist. "Aunt Sally" was suggested as an alternative, but that is equally sexist and does rather suggest something you throw stones at!

What term can I use to mean "a one page rich picture describing what we reckon you need for you to think about and discuss"?
      Model
      Skeleton
      Framework
      Outline
      Idea
      Suggestion
      Proposal

But I like Strawman.......

Comment

A Wicca Man proposal?

At least, I gather that ‘straw’ is the offending term, given the sucking implications?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You could start by learning what a Strawman really is.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            ...and then explaining it to whichever twunt called it sexist.

Comment

Handsome and intelligent, eh?

"Rich Picture Proposal" it is.
              You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
              Put a donk on it!

Comment

Straw man.

If anyone suggests it's sexist, simply direct them to the Oxford English Dictionary and tell them to move to the isle of Lesbos if it bothers them that much.

Sorted.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

And familiarising yourself with all of it's various meanings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_proposal
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    And familiarising yourself with all of it's various meanings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_proposal
                    "The term can be referred to as business jargon or business babble often uttered by weary project or team managers."

Yep, more corporate cack.

Comment

Working...
                    X