• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Political Honesty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Honesty

Based on an article (Read full text here), it appears that Mr Ahmadinejad
    is displaying quite an alarming lack of tact or is introducing a brutal honesty
    into the political process

Excerpt from article follows

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he wished Sharon was dead and said he hoped the rest of the Jewish state's leaders would join him. But most other world leaders had kinder words to say about 77-year-old Sharon. United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan said he was deeply concerned about Sharon's health, while US President George Bush said he was a strong man who had a vision for peace. Russian President Vladimir Putin has wished Sharon a speedy recovery and French President Jacques Chirac praised what he called Sharon's "courageous initiatives".

I wonder what other utterances would come from other politicians if they
    utilised the same frankness and lack of diplomacy?

Your opinions .....

There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan

Pravda is Russian for truth - in Soviet times "Pravda" newspaper was the top official propaganda paper that made a mockery of truth.

IMO all top politicians must have regular compulsory lie detector tests - the cost of lieing at such a high level is way too high for the country, so they should either submit to such tests or get normal jobs where their lies won't affect so many people.

I hereby make an honest promise to put "The Truth Bill" forward upon my election to the Parliament.

Now gimme your fokking votes!

Comment

Based on tfa, it appears that Mr Ahmadinejad is showing all the traits of not being a politician.

Comment

Political Honesty

I thought this thread was going to be about oxymorons.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan

Excerpt from article follows

I wonder what other utterances would come from other politicians if they
          utilised the same frankness and lack of diplomacy?

Your opinions .....

Why should that opinion necessarily be any less insincere, at the opposite extreme, than all the fulsome tributes and concern expressed by Western leaders?

Neither they nor the Iranian guy probably give a flying f*** about his stroke one way or the other; but both have electorates to curry favour with in their own way.

(I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranians send the Israelis reassuring diplomatic notes behind the scenes explaining that all the hate-mongering is solely for domestic consumption and not to take them seriously.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The issue in this case is not honesty, but basic unacceptability of what he says - regardless if he is lieing just to get votes or not.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
              I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranians send the Israelis reassuring diplomatic notes behind the scenes explaining that all the hate-mongering is solely for domestic consumption and not to take them seriously.
              I would. I'd be very surprised.

Comment

(I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranians send the Israelis reassuring diplomatic notes behind the scenes explaining that all the hate-mongering is solely for domestic consumption and not to take them seriously.)
                They're probably laced with anthrax though!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  Neither they nor the Iranian guy probably give a flying f*** about his stroke one way or the other; but both have electorates to curry favour with in their own way.
                  Possibly, possibly not.

Whether you subscribe to the view that they all want peace in the middle-east or some other theory, Sharons death still might not, one way or another, fit in with the game. In which case they might not be too happy with an untimely death.

Politicians like things simple and dealing with people, devil or not, it's sometimes easier with the ones you know...

Comment

Working...
                  X