• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why women naturally have cheaper car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why women naturally have cheaper car insurance

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/93...ng-career?pg=1

??????????????????????????????????

Are they nuts!!!!!!!
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/93...ng-career?pg=1

??????????????????????????????????

Are they nuts!!!!!!!
    No. They are on drugs.

HTH
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sod the driving thread, have you seen some of the others?

"to want a holiday even though DH says we can't afford it"
      "The cat just been sick and I called the dog in to clean it up for me."
      "to contact my X's girlfriend and offer her some help"
      "to be questioning my entire life plan because I read Stephen Biddulph's Raising Babies?"
      "to be outraged that living tv have cancelled"

Are all women this bad, or does Mumsnet attract a disproportion number of the mentally unstable?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

Are all women this bad, or does Mumsnet attract a disproportion number of the mentally unstable?
        When you are stuck in a house with only small brats to talk to and coffee mornings to look forward to you go mad.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

"The cat just been sick and I called the dog in to clean it up for me."
          Good bit of lateral thinking, but all the same ..
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Women on average have cheaper car insurance because they will spend more time looking for cheap insurance. Insurance companies have seen this and so provide products that say 'womans cheap car insurance' so they can attract woman who are looking for cheap car insurance.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the actuarial risk.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Women on average have cheaper car insurance because they will spend more time looking for cheap insurance. Insurance companies have seen this and so provide products that say 'womans cheap car insurance' so they can attract woman who are looking for cheap car insurance.

HTH

This is why they also have more cheap kitchen appliances that don't work stuffed in various cupboards.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                This is why they also have more cheap kitchen appliances that don't work stuffed in various cupboards.
                They discover much the same thing about their insurance when they prang their car too...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

HTH

Nonsense.

Women's accidents tend to be smaller cheaper ones there as mens are more expensive. Mainly because they are to do with dithering at slow speeds.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Nonsense.

Women's accidents tend to be smaller cheaper ones there as mens are more expensive. Mainly because they are to do with dithering at slow speeds.
                    No, you are wrong. Woman actually tend to claim more on their accidents, and are more likely to be making a fraudulent claim by adding stuff on (iPod in the glove box: of course you had dear).

What you are saying are amongst the "marketing myths" spread by insurance sales companies to create a false reason why their products are cheaper. The real reason they are cheaper is because they are not as good as a more expensive one.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X