• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Management problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management problem

I am the manager of the day watch. I have a manager, who is the manager for both the day watch and the evening watch. The evening watch does not have a manager at my level. Evening watch staff are coming to me and my staff complaining that they can not communicate with the manager who is also my manager. I feel the evening watch are trying to drag us into their argument.

What do I do?

At BT we had a Contractor Missing Timesheets Manager. Manager! So there must be a team!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
      What do I do?
      Use that thing on you left hand side.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I am the manager of the day watch. I have a manager, who is the manager for both the day watch and the evening watch. The evening watch does not have a manager at my level. Evening watch staff are coming to me and my staff complaining that they can not communicate with the manager who is also my manager. I feel the evening watch are trying to drag us into their argument.

What do I do?
        EXTERMINATE !!

Set up a meeting (dawn or dusk) so you can all have a chat about whats going wrong?
        Do the night people actually have real problems or are they just feeling ignored and want to feel involved?
        Is it really YOUR problem, or should they be contacting their representative (manager) to speak to the manager in question.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Is there no one in the evening watch who could step up to the role of manager?

TBH, not your problem. Avoid.

BTW, what are you 'watching'?

Comment

What do I do?
            Tell them to bog off or you will report them to their manager.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X