• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accidental Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental Plan B

Not a huge Plan B, more an idea for a minor plan B.

Although I write documentation, I've always thought I had a block when writing essays in a creative way (it came from school and has never really left me).

But I've discovered that not only can I write, I enjoy it, and it seems that others enjoy reading it too.

Now I just have to think about how I do more of it...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Blog?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      But I've discovered that not only can I write, I enjoy it, and it seems that others enjoy reading it too.
      Tell us a story then

Comment

Erotic fiction?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There is a position available in the storytelling department.

Comment

You can find cojak's latest work over on literotica.com NSFW!!!
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I went through a writing phase - just for fun, although I did win a $10 Amazon voucher in a competition!

There's quite a few writer's websites out there where you can critique and get critiqued - writersdock used to be good, although I think they're charging now. There's also morewriting, but not sure how much activity goes on there these days.

I also did a short OU course - A174 which was quite good for getting the basics in place, if that's what you're interested in.

Comment

I have hanging on my wall my only prize certificate.

It's a Merit Prize awarded to me by Cadbury Brothers Ltd for writing something long forgotten at skool.

The date? - 19th March 1969

I got a box of choccys in a posh metal tin as well
                Last edited by ctdctd; 28 March 2010, 10:55. Reason: speeling

Comment

A blog is one way to go about it.
                  I know of some people who have been fortunate to make it their full time job.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The idea of an accidental Plan B is an interesting thought.

I once met a chap who was one of the first to sell Pork Scratchings into pubs. According to his tale, the first he realised how well it was doing was when he asked his sales lass who had bought her a new car (expecting "Boyfriend" as the answer). She replied "You have, with the money I've made from you in the last 3 months". He went back and looked at his figures and decided to go full time with it.

After many years of managing to avoid Powerpoint, I have just discovered that I still enjoy giving presentations, and have had some encouraging feedback.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X