• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luton MP Margaret Moran. Working for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton MP Margaret Moran. Working for you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bby-group.html

Ok so its a Daily Mail article but really there is no hope for us..

Ms Moran, who is standing down at the next Election following a furore over her expenses, made a series of boasts about her lobbying activities.

She claimed she had used EURIM to reform the new points-based migration system announced two years ago, under which workers could be fast-tracked into the UK if they possessed certain labour skills. Big computer firms were angry that IT staff were not included on the list.

Describing EURIM as being ‘a company that influences government policies in the same way as your people are trying to do’, she said: ‘Its members are paying members who want to influence the agenda. We produce some reports, but mostly it’s lobbying Ministers...the last one I think was on the immigration rules ...because a lot of IT companies had used short-term workers from India.’

She added: ‘The immigration points system was going to throw that. I actually went and saw Tata who are the big Indian IT company...so we got that points system changed. So they still are able to bring workers in for big projects.

Labour party pledge No3.

Build a high tech economy - Build a high tech economy, supporting businesses and industry to create 1 million more skilled jobs

Clearly politicians aren't interested in the interests of the indigenous UK population. But why do people go through with the sham of voting for any of them?

Comment

In some countries she would be executed by firing squad for "treason against the people".

I think some countries are right.

Selling your own country down the river to a foreign nation for cash should be classed as treason. When done by a politician, life imprisonment seems a fair punishment to me.
      If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        create 1 million more skilled jobs [/I]

Only to have them all offshored
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Clearly politicians aren't interested in the interests of the indigenous UK population. But why do people go through with the sham of voting for any of them?
          Why should a politician be interested in the likes of you?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X