• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applications Development

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applications Development

Hello all,

I hope i find you all in good spirits? I have a job for a global law firm that’s for 6 months paying £30 an hour to do some application development in Java / J2EE more specifically on their content and document management systems. So if anyone fancies this role and has developed portals and Content / document management systems then let me know!

Originally posted by reformation
    Hello all,

I hope i find you all in good spirits? I have a job for a global law firm that’s for 6 months paying £30 an hour to do some application development in Java / J2EE more specifically on their content and document management systems. So if anyone fancies this role and has developed portals and Content / document management systems then let me know!

£30 an hour? And what am I supposed to live on while I do that contract?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      £30 an hour? And what am I supposed to live on while I do that contract?
      I assume thats a 'no' then? Do you even HAVE the skillsor was that just your 'tpuppence worth'?

Comment

Even the Indian outsourcing firms charge £300 a day for onsite development.

Comment

I assume thats a 'no' then? Do you even HAVE the skillsor was that just your 'tpuppence worth'?
          We don't get out of bed for £30 an hour!
          I think you sould have posted in "Light relief"

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            Even the Indian outsourcing firms charge £300 a day for onsite development.
            What with all the indian outsourcing i'd have thought a development job going to someone in the uk might have interested you, clearly not. It's obviously far more productive for you to make snidey comments, cheers, thanks, really good of you... sorry i offerd someone a contract you're obviously far too much of a big fella to consider anything as lowly as this so i reccomend probably going to a different thread.

Comment

What with all the indian outsourcing i'd have thought a development job going to someone in the uk might have interested you, clearly not. It's obviously far more productive for you to make snidey comments, cheers, thanks, really good of you... sorry i offerd someone a contract you're obviously far too much of a big fella to consider anything as lowly as this so i reccomend probably going to a different thread.
              S'what I said!

Comment

Reformation, there's a place for people like you. It's called Jobserve.

Comment

I know a few people that worked for EDS that would be grateful

Comment

and they wonder why it is necessary to have agents
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X