• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is not a good sign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a good sign

Just looking at my food / booze chart for this week. I have had a total of 1 beer. OK, the prior week I had 9, but the week before that was zero.

I thought, "Getting on for 9pm. Time for the pub". Then I thought, "I just can't be arsed". I've got a bottle of Old Speckled Hen nicely chilled, but I don't fancy that either.

I've developed a sort of inverse alcoholism. Not being able to drink has resulted in me going from loving my booze, to avoiding it.

I don't which of , , , or applies.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I don't which of , , , or applies.

Now come on...........snap out of it and go get that Old Speckled Hen down your neck. It'll help you sleep and counts as one of your 5-a-day.

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nah. I've experienced similar. I can tell you, when you overcome the inverse alcoholism, you regret it. My advice is to listen to that "still small voice",
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've just had a long weekend in Ireland and consumed no alcohol whatsoever!

Comment

I say well done both of you for abstaining. I dunno if I've spelt that right, but you get the gist.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I've just had a long weekend in Ireland and consumed no alcohol whatsoever!
            Fail
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              Fail
              Brownie points!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Brownie points!

Clever boy.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Just had three pints of Fuller's London Pride. Ah, I feel so much better now.

1) not drinking at all is NOT good for me.
                  2) not getting out and having some interaction, even if it is only ordering a pint and asking a barmaid what part of the world they come from, is even worse.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Had four pints of Stella in Sheffield, watching the Scum lose lose to the Mighty Munchen with a pub full of plastic Mancs...

Cost six quid....

2-1!!

Comment

Working...
                    X