• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the Saatchi brothers' poster campaign turn things around for Cameron?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Saatchi brothers' poster campaign turn things around for Cameron?

With the Conservatives looking like they are about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the imminent election, will the appointment of M&C Saatchi to produce some negative campaigning have the desired effect? Or will these be a turn off like the Tony Blair Demon Eyes posters of 1997?

Story and examples in the Daily Mail, sorry.

Dunno, but they did make me laugh when I saw them on telly yesterday...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

G.O.T is on the case.

It's sort of NSFW. If you local interweb trolls are nazi's then don't otherwise you should be OK.

The 'downfall' vid is good too.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Saatchis "Labour isn't working" poster prior to the 79 election (ironically saying that Labour had let unemployment get too high) seemed to help a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Dunno, but they did make me laugh when I saw them on telly yesterday...
          Me too.

"I took billions from your pensions. Vote for me."

Actually, they might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Saatchis "Labour isn't working" poster prior to the 79 election (ironically saying that Labour had let unemployment get too high) seemed to help a bit.
            Very true. I suppose it just depends on how negative campaigning is done.

Comment

I do love the best and worst rated comments

Best rated
              The Poster of GB is quite an honest apraisal of the man. I hope many UK Voters will remember the period where-upon the Labour Government dragged us into illegal wars, terrorised its own people with ID cards and stealth Taxes and yes, he has plundered the Pensions of every working man and women in this land. The very people that keep the country going. I will not, for the remainder of my life, EVER vote for Labour.
              Worst rated
              Of course, the "Labour isn't working" poster when unemployment was around one million was followed by Mrs Thatcher and unemployment of THREE million.
              Even though I have no love for Labour, I guess that the new Saatchi posters will be about as accurate and fair as those from the 1970s!
              But, it is the Mail.
              If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Anything that might help get rid of Gordon is welcome.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'll do it for £30k

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Agreed and you win today's predictable post award, but the question was whether they might be counter productive - what do you reckon?

Comment

Working...
                    X