• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest Time in Contract With No PC or Network Login

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest Time in Contract With No PC or Network Login

Never mind time in contracts with nothing to do, what's the longest you've had to wait before you were even given a desk / PC / network login so that you could even pretend to do some work? For me it was waiting three and a half weeks for network access to be granted, at a well known formerly nationalised UK telecoms giant. After two weeks of reading the newspaper, my project manager had me writing code with pen and paper, that somebody else in the team could then run with.

Originally posted by Xerxes
    my project manager had me writing code with pen and paper, that somebody else in the team could then run with.
    I'd charge double rate for that.

Comment

This was BT. Double nothing is still nothing!

Comment

3 weeks,

PM sent me home after 2 (but still paid), got a phone call Monday am of week 4 to say kit arrived, and I started that afternoon.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
        X