• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

me me me or the bigger picture?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me me me or the bigger picture?

So the Tories are going to generate savings from cutting public sector IT programmes.

linky

Does that change your voting habit this year?

Just a thought...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    So the Tories are going to generate savings from cutting public sector IT programmes.

linky

Just a thought...
    Which programmes are they planning on axing, anyone got a list?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      NHS Spine was one wasn't it? Or the bulk of it anyway. Nice really, that's not saving money that's wasting the effort so far, and having worked on the project, I have to say it's a laudable one. Better than working in a plutonium plant like I've done in the past!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        By halting new spending on major IT projects and cancellation of existing projects not worth completing. Mr Osborne refused to set out which IT projects this would mean.
        I can think of a few not worth completing...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          NHS Spine was one wasn't it? Or the bulk of it anyway. Nice really, that's not saving money that's wasting the effort so far, and having worked on the project, I have to say it's a laudable one. Better than working in a plutonium plant like I've done in the past!
          Apparently my project is rumoured to be on the list. However, 90% of the infrastructure (Hardware/buildings etc.) have been built/purchased and put in place. It's going to be a hell of a waste of money!

Comment

This is a serious point RW. Now that 52% of the UK’s economy is formed by the public sector, ZanuLabour have about half the population by the purse strings and can effectively control the electorate by scaring people into thinking the tories will destroy their jobs. Even many self employed people are now dependent on government contracts. It’s a scary thought that many natural conservative or liberal voters might feel the need to vote Labour to protect their own interests.

It’s also the reason why the public sector needs to be dramatically cut back, and why I feel the best thing for Britain would be a tory government and the second best is for the IMF to come in and force tough spending cuts on Labour.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

linky

Nope.

Live in an area where the choice is Lib Dem or Tory.

Labour are a very very distant 3rd.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I posted this seriously Mich. I work in public sector and I see a disgusting level of waste and inefficiency every day. I know efficiency savings can be made, but there will be a cost to contractors. I also know contractors who intend to vote NL specifically because they want their own personal gravy train to continue.

As for me, I'm moving into a further niche area to hopefully protect my business when NL get booted out (please God!).

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  This is a serious point RW. Now that 52% of the UK’s economy is formed by the public sector, ZanuLabour have about half the population by the purse strings and can effectively control the electorate by scaring people into thinking the tories will destroy their jobs. Even many self employed people are now dependent on government contracts. It’s a scary thought that many natural conservative or liberal voters might feel the need to vote Labour to protect their own interests.

It’s also the reason why the public sector needs to be dramatically cut back, and why I feel the best thing for Britain would be a tory government and the second best is for the IMF to come in and force tough spending cuts on Labour.
                  Nice of you turkeys to vote for Christmas
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

linky

Just a thought...
                    No because
                    1)I am voting Tory in the hope they can ID cards as promised
                    2)No government ever really cuts costs or reduces taxes anyway so their claims become irrelevant - the Tories are planning to make Hector calculate PAYE - boom for me (possibly)

Comment

Working...
                    X