• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clients being picky?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clients being picky?

Are they ****
    Had one interview cancelled and another one not even offered due to potential clients hiring someone else before even meeting me.
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Are they ****
    Had one interview cancelled and another one not even offered due to potential clients hiring someone else before even meeting me.
    Welcome to my world!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Are they ****
      They've got, what in there eyes is, the perfect candidate. Why waste their time interviewing you?

... just life ...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Welcome to my world!
        It was both a message of hope...

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        They've got, what in there eyes is, the perfect candidate. Why waste their time interviewing you?

... just life ...
        ...and a word of warning.

Clients seem to be desperate to hire ASAP
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

It was both a message of hope...

...and a word of warning.

Clients seem to be desperate to hire ASAP
          They tend to move quick when they've got someone right for the role.

From my experience over the last month or two, there's loads of crap (with 5+ years experience, esp from bobland!!!!! yeah right) applying for every role I put out, so if I find someone good, I'll take them.

Not saying you're not any good cos I don't know you, just you didn't manage to show you're good and getting in front of the client quickly enough.

Comment

My experience is client offers a role the same day

not getting in front of the client quickly enough.
            Nail on head there, still in contract so had to push for a later interview date on the one that was cancelled.
            Still, the fact that an interview was offered and then cancelled is fecking annoying
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

My experience is client offers a role the same day

Nail on head there, still in contract so had to push for a later interview date on the one that was cancelled.
              Still, the fact that an interview was offered and then cancelled is fliping annoying
              On point 1, 2 years ago yes, now, I think they are waiting, and seeing more people. Because more people are available more than anything else.

On point 2, I was going to mention that, but didn't. You shouldn't push back on any interviews these days. Go as soon as you can ... asuming you really want the role...#

Hope you don't think I was being harsh, but right now it's surival of the fitest ...

Comment

On point 2, I was going to mention that, but didn't. You shouldn't push back on any interviews these days. Go as soon as you can ... asuming you really want the role
                WHS. I pushed back my last interview for this role, but it was only from 2.30 to 3.30 because it clashed with another interview.

If you're interested, jump in when you can - which is easier said than done when you are in contract, of course.
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Yep, clients are being picky or dont know what they want.

Had an interview which lasted an hour and a quarter for my skillset. Later the agent told me they'd withdrawn the role as they decided a totally different skillset was required. And I wasnt the only one interviewed with the same skillset as me.

Had another interview pulled an hour before I was due to travel for 2 hours saying the role had been pulled.

That's in the past now though cos I got a shiny new contract secured today. Start next week. Hope the fecking train strike is cancelled though.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

On point 1, 2 years ago yes, now, I think they are waiting, and seeing more people. Because more people are available more than anything else.
                    12 months ago and 6 months ago I was offered contracts on the same day as being interviewed for that role.

Secondly, you're actually contradicting yourself either clients are snapping up the first person who fits, or they're seeing more people and waiting because more contractors are available
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X