• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lied on your CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lied on your CV?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7078237.ece

A woman who forged references and lied on her CV to get an NHS job has been jailed for six months.

Rhiannon Mackay, 29, applied to be a capital projects administrator, Plymouth Magistrates’ Court heard. Two A levels were required and Mackay claimed to have two grade Bs.

I'm just deleting 95% of my CV as we speak......

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7078237.ece

A woman who forged references and lied on her CV to get an NHS job has been jailed for six months.

Rhiannon Mackay, 29, applied to be a capital projects administrator, Plymouth Magistrates’ Court heard. Two A levels were required and Mackay claimed to have two grade Bs.

I'm just deleting 95% of my CV as we speak......
    My problem is more remembering my GCE Grades and what I did before beer got a hold and killed the braincells that stored those bytes...

So not so much lying as filling in the gaps with the most proabable answer, a sort of Occam's Razor of a CV.....

Comment

Bit extreme forging references.

She would have got away with it if she hadn't done the reference bit.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Bit extreme forging references.

She would have got away with it if she hadn't done the reference bit.
        A bit extreme! You can say that again. Still, I think there's more to it than that. I know loads of people, well a few(!) who claim they are ISEB qualified when they are nothing of the sort.

One contractor I know has even altered his school's name to be ISEB such and such school in the hope of catching an agent or client unawares! I kid you not.

I know another contractor who said she just read a load of non ISEB bumf the night before the exam and passed. Possible I suppose but I know this person and there's no way she would have passed doing this.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Is it safe to assume there's no publically viewable register of ISEB graduates?

At least with Prince2 the list is published so a claim can be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Is it safe to assume there's no publically viewable register of ISEB graduates?
            People lie about their degrees even though they can be checked.

I was actually shocked the last time mine were checked.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why are they so interested in a 29 year old's 'A' level results?

Isn't whatever you did at 18 irrelevant to the job once you've got experience and professional qualifications?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Why are they so interested in a 29 year old's 'A' level results?

Isn't whatever you did at 18 irrelevant to the job once you've got experience and professional qualifications?
                If you don't opt out of the agency regulations, then the agency is meant to check the qualifications that you claim to have.

I was asked for my Oracle certifications and university degree certificate by one agent to make sure that I had the qualifications I claimed to have had.

Thank goodness for the University of Bums on Seats - that PhD in Pedantics was run off in a matter of seconds.....
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  If you don't opt out of the agency regulations, then the agency is meant to check the qualifications that you claim to have.

I was asked for my Oracle certifications and university degree certificate by one agent to make sure that I had the qualifications I claimed to have had.

Thank goodness for the University of Bums on Seats - that PhD in Pedantics was run off in a matter of seconds.....
                  Yes, I guess it's 'official policy', and official policy is holy, even at the cost of hiring numpties. I sometimes think clientcos and employers are actually inviting fraudulent CVs by placing so many hoops for people to jump through. I can understand and agree with asking for relevant qualifications and a certain amount of relevant experience, but when you see some adverts which demand experience with UnknownApp 4.1, and 4.0 or 4.2 need not apply, or silly stuff like particular A level grades for someone who left school many years ago I just wonder how many people fit the description really well without some form of ‘CV enrichment’.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yes, I guess it's 'official policy', and official policy is holy, even at the cost of hiring numpties.
                    Well, if it's because you didn't opt out, then it's 'the law' which, presumably, has some kind of penalties if they don't obey it.
                    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X