• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor's Debate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chancellor's Debate

So who watched it? Anyone believe a word of what anyone said? Vince Cable was about the only one who came away with any credibility in my opinion.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Didn't see it, anything for us Contractors?
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I recorded it.

I expect it was about tax cuts for the poor, middle and upper classes.

Comment

It's a funny old thing, you can only judge one of them on his record. The other two can only be judged on what they say.

I found the whole thing a bit stifled and too polite.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It was a choice between that or Grime Team.

I watched Grime Team as it was more truthful.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The less chance you have of ever being forced to act out your promises, the better you can make them sound.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I find it sad that the question being asked of the audience was "Who won", rather than "which set of economic plans is best for the UK". X-Factor is taking over the world.

Far better programme on BBC4 last night, from the Panorama team, a study on the changing use of TV in getting elected since the 50s. Demonstrated very clearly that image is everything now, ability doesn't even come third any more.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Osborne will be the final thing that sinks the Tories and gives the election to Labour. If Cameron couldn't see that, then it will be his own fault he isn't elected.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Far better programme on BBC4 last night, from the Panorama team, a study on the changing use of TV in getting elected since the 50s. Demonstrated very clearly that image is everything now, ability doesn't even come third any more.
                  It's not that TV has promoted the use of image only that it been used to promote image.

Image has always been part of politics. Why do you think the ancients dotted their empires with their images.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

They were all too polite to each other. Only in the last minute did Vince do a number on George which had him on the ropes. Memo to George's handlers: don't let your boy nod his head in agreement when Darling is speaking - it looks lame.

Comment

Working...
                    X