• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MamsNot : The point ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MamsNot : The point ?

Is it just me (cue a one line post reply, "it's you"), but I find this whole effort a bit disturbing really.

It's one thing to live on our own forum and engage in various banter and antics here, but to purposefully orchestrate a concerted attack on another group under any guise is surely mean-spirited.

When that guise is for the purposes of "entertainment" at other's expense, then I feel that it is dangerously close to bullying.

Whatever happened to "live and let live ?" and treating other's with respect, strangers or not ?

No one else is saying it, but I am actually quite disappointed and cringeing with disbelief at this latest endeavour.

Where next ? Handicapped forums ? Cancer sufferers ? Recently bereaved ?

/shame
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Is it just me (cue a one line post reply, "it's you"), but I find this whole effort a bit disturbing really.

It's one thing to live on our own forum and engage in various banter and antics here, but to purposefully orchestrate a concerted attack on another group under any guise is surely mean-spirited.

When that guise is for the purposes of "entertainment" at other's expense, then I feel that it is dangerously close to bullying.

Whatever happened to "live and let live ?" and treating other's with respect, strangers or not ?

No one else is saying it, but I am actually quite disappointed and cringeing with disbelief at this latest endeavour.

Where next ? Handicapped forums ? Cancer sufferers ? Recently bereaved ?

/shame
    No it's not just you.

SY01
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      The word 'childish' sums up a lot of the recent activity, both on and off board.

Expect to be called a bedwetter any time soon.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

i wonder if they would do the same in the, (cough) real world

Milan.

Comment

I doubt it Milan.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I suspect most of MumsNet could devour any or all of us, without even spitting out the bones.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have to side with the bedwetters on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                I have to side with the bedwetters on this one.
                WHS

Comment

Aye, although I have rather guiltily enjoyed following it!

Comment

I see nothing wrong in the creation of some satire and parody as an intellectual exercise.

Going over there and posting rubbish to ruin their forum would be crass and indefensible.

Going over there and posting cartoon versions of themselves that they think are real is fine in my book to see if we are up to the challenge and there seems to be a long tradition of it on the internet and before.

Comment

Working...
                    X