• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Superclap(tm).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superclap(tm).

Oh Dear(tm).

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100329...e-ca02f96.html

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    wire brush and dettol.

simples.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      They'll be bringing back that umbrella thing anytime now.
      aaah, I love a good "rodding" me.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Didn't they have a number of hits in the seventies? Have they reformed?

IGMC

Comment

On the plus side it would mean that all the people that go on about sterilizing the lower classes will have to find something else to get a bee in their bonnet about.

Comment

"This is a very clever bacteria. If this problem isn't addressed, there is a real possibility that gonorrhoea will become a very difficult infection to treat," she said in a telephone interview.

bacterium

Alternatively, "These are very clever bacteria."

She may know a lot about the clap, but her grammar sucks.

Anyway, it's ludicrous to attribute "cleverness" to single-celled organisms, even when talking to a journalist. Why not cut straight to the chase and explain that this is an example of the Darwinian principle of evolution through natural selection?

If there's one thing I can't abide, it's people anthropomorphising a distributed random process like evolution. It may be easy to couch matters in such terms, but it conveys totally the wrong impression. It's not as if we're seeing emergent behaviour in gonorrhoeal infections.

Comment

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                ...When domonstrated to thick bastards or the MOD.

Ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  "This is a very clever bacteria. If this problem isn't addressed, there is a real possibility that gonorrhoea will become a very difficult infection to treat," she said in a telephone interview.

bacterium

Alternatively, "These are very clever bacteria."

She may know a lot about the clap, but her grammar sucks.

Anyway, it's ludicrous to attribute "cleverness" to single-celled organisms, even when talking to a journalist. Why not cut straight to the chase and explain that this is an example of the Darwinian principle of evolution through natural selection?

If there's one thing I can't abide, it's people anthropomorphising a distributed random process like evolution. It may be easy to couch matters in such terms, but it conveys totally the wrong impression. It's not as if we're seeing emergent behaviour in gonorrhoeal infections.
                  With you on that.

My bugbear is wildlife programs when they say " has perfectly adapted to it's environment" conveying that it was a consicious decision upon the orgasnisms behalf.

They reckon that blue eyes came from one mutation.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                  X