• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moisturiser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisturiser

Yes, it’s finally happened. I have bought a tube of moisturizer. I got my face kicked in Sunday’s rugby match and the resulting scratch and bruise have now dried out and my face seems to be peeling off. So, I went to the chemist and bought some cream to put on it. There was a bewildering array of potions and snake oil lotions, some including ‘Polynesian seaweed’, ‘biloba fruit’, ‘jojojoba oil’ and costing more than 40 euros for a puny little jar, so I opted for the cheapest own brand ‘crème de jour’ I could find at e1.65 per tube. A glance at the ingredients informs me that it contains a mysterious substance called ‘aqua’. Will it ruin my youthful good looks or ensure I remain handsome and wrinkle-free well into old age?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

It will turn you into a Barbie girl. Or Dr Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      It will turn you into a Barbie girl. Or Dr Jones.
      Even if I only use it for a few days and then give it to Lady Tester?

Comment

Or, it will help soften your skin, making you more attractive; which in turn should ensure more nooky.

Your call...
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Or, it will help soften your skin, making you more attractive; which in turn should ensure more nooky.

Your call...
          or more vulnerable to further face damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I wouldn't have thought so, should in fact provide your skin with improved elasticity, thus perhaps dealing with being kicked more effectively.

They should use that reasoning in the adverts.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Hell yes!! Someone on your own team will find out you are using moisturiser and your own guys are gonna target you soft skinned beautiful mush for some stamping.. I know my team would!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Apparently, the best stuff is a protein rich water based substance which can be easily produced. Now all I have to do is convince the GF to use this, and I get to "moisturise" her face every night!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
                  Apparently, the best stuff is a protein rich water based substance which can be easily produced. Now all I have to do is convince the GF to use this, and I get to "moisturise" her face every night!
                  Fail...
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Hell yes!! Someone on your own team will find out you are using moisturiser and your own guys are gonna target you soft skinned beautiful mush for some stamping.. I know my team would!!!
                    My brothers use moisturizer all the time.

Though they don't use make-up.

I use to work with a guy who used concealer in an attempt to hide his bags.

Unfortunately he worked with 4 of us women who use to:
                    1. Try not to stare at his eyes
                    2. Take the piss when it wasn't rubbed in correctly.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X