• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents are getting lazy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents are getting lazy!

Hi

I am looking for a SQL Server Developer to work on a contract basis in London, if you are available and looking for a great contract position with one of my most prestigious clients please email me with an up to date CV along with 2 professional references. This is a 3 month contract paying £400 per day

Yeah right, I'll just emial you the references!

Who's the client?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Who's the client?
      There isn't one, that was sort of the point.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        Hi

I am looking for a SQL Server Developer to work on a contract basis in London, if you are available and looking for a great contract position with one of my most prestigious clients please email me with an up to date CV along with 2 professional references. This is a 3 month contract paying £400 per day

Yeah right, I'll just emial you the references!
        Call them and tell them you have 5 yrs experience. I bet they ask ‘do you have experience with writing SQL queries?’
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Call them and tell them you have 5 yrs experience. I bet they ask ‘do you have experience with writing SQL queries?’
          Yes? You have? And how much database experience do you have? And they also need stored procedures, any experience of those? Just on the offchance, do you have any experience on RDBMS? The client has asked for it, you see. What about relational databases? Just to make sure, I have a 3 question quiz here for you to answer.... 1. What is an inner join?....

bleh...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            Yes? You have? And how much database experience do you have? And they also need stored procedures, any experience of those? Just on the offchance, do you have any experience on RDBMS? The client has asked for it, you see. What about relational databases? Just to make sure, I have a 3 question quiz here for you to answer.... 1. What is an inner join?....

bleh...
            Best one I heard on this subject was; ‘the client wants to know if you have ever visited a Third Normal Form’. No bulltulip.

Comment

Best one I heard on this subject was; ‘the client wants to know if you have ever visited a Third Normal Form’. No bulltulip.
              I was once asked if I'd worked on B-Spoke development.

I considered telling them that I'd done A-spoke and c-spoke, but no bespoke work, but wanted the work.
              If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Yeh man, it was groovey.... all psychedelic.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  Yeh man, it was groovey.... all psychedelic.....
                  I started on about every non-key attribute being a fact about the only the key and about nothing other than the key and he asked ‘oh, so what is the key concept in this?’

Comment

I got asked if I'd ever done CCS. I gave up cos the flipper was obviously too stupid to ever get me a job.

Comment

Working...
                    X