• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 ttfn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 ttfn

Saw this:

http://order-order.com/2010/03/31/to...geeks-rejoice/

Probably to be replaced with something more odious, but nevertheless...banana time

Edit: just seen the PCG announcement in Accounting, sorry for the old news
    Last edited by tenpin; 31 March 2010, 09:47.

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
    Saw this:

http://order-order.com/2010/03/31/to...geeks-rejoice/

Probably to be replaced with something more odious, but nevertheless...
    Like Brown and the Labour Government: not perfoct, but possibly to be replaced by something more odious.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Assuming that this is just a rehash of what Mal highlighted:

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Just as a matter of interest, anyone seen this?
      http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...ws&Itemid=1053

Fingers crossed they actually deliver what they say they will...
      the Tories haven't said that they will scrap IR35 at all.

They have said that if they are elected, then they would look at the legislation. That is a far cry from saying that they would scrap it.

If it's not the same information, can you quote it - blocked from client site.
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

"This is why a Conservative Government would mandate the independent Office of Tax Simplification to undertake a fundamental review of current arrangements with the aim of providing a clearer, lasting and fairer tax regime.”

Doesn't exactly sound like they're going to scrap it does it? Sounds more like they are going to 'clarify' it to make it more 'fair' ....

Comment

So this will be reviewed by a new quango. Didn't someone say that the Tories were dead against quangos and would be cutting them?

It must have been a completely different David Cameron, MP.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Doesn't exactly sound like they're going to scrap it does it? Sounds more like they are going to 'clarify' it to make it more 'fair' ....
            Clarified tax rules are fairer.
            At the moment lots of people are operating outside IR35, worrying about being caught and having to pay back taxes
            Others are operating within IR35 and worrying about throwing away large amounts of money each year by paying more tax than they have to.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              Like Brown and the Labour Government: not perfoct, but possibly to be replaced by something more odious.
              How odious do you want it? Two wars, one of them illegal, lies to parliament about WMDs, lies and cover up from the police about an innocent man they shot on the tube (I’m prepared to believe it was a mistake, but then it should be immediately admitted and the government should not tolerate any bulltulip in this), cooperating with imprisonment without trial, kidnap (extraordinary rendition) and torture (don’t tell me the government knew nothing about waterboarding), attempts to end habeas corpus, 28 days custody without charge (and they tried for 90), innocent people being arrested under terrorism laws for protesting close to parliament, national ID cards, surveillance of private communications; the Tories are far from perfect, and would need the Libs to balance them out on personal liberty, but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                How odious do you want it? Two wars, one of them illegal, lies to parliament about WMDs, lies and cover up from the police about an innocent man they shot on the tube (I’m prepared to believe it was a mistake, but then it should be immediately admitted and the government should not tolerate any bulltulip in this), cooperating with imprisonment without trial, kidnap (extraordinary rendition) and torture (don’t tell me the government knew nothing about waterboarding), attempts to end habeas corpus, 28 days custody without charge (and they tried for 90), innocent people being arrested under terrorism laws for protesting close to parliament, national ID cards, surveillance of private communications; the Tories are far from perfect, and would need the Libs to balance them out on personal liberty, but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.
                You make it sound like it's all bad...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  And a mass immigration policy.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    You make it sound like it's all bad...

I suppose things can only get better...
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X